JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, commercial banking, financial services for small business and consumers, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
The Prime Brokerage Credit Risk team is responsible for risk management of the Equity Prime Brokerage business. The Department focuses on the contingent market risk associated with the intraday and overnight extension of collateralized credit to clients and sets leverage limits based on a thorough and continuous analysis of the risks inherent in each portfolio and each portfolio's investment strategy. Portfolios are analyzed and evaluated at least daily through extensive simulation analysis designed to estimate market related risks and help risk managers calibrate the appropriate limits. The Department is part of the Hedge Fund Credit Risk group within CIB Credit Risk, an independent control group responsible for the credit risk management of all businesses within the CIB.
The role is based in New York with a focus on the Equity Prime Brokerage business. Equity Prime Brokerage provides clearing, financing, and execution services for Hedge Fund and Investor clients across asset classes and geographies. The successful risk manager will understand the market risks associated with the diverse set of products traded by our clients including equities, equity derivatives, credit, convertibles, volatility, commodities, and FX.
- Complete critical tasks necessary for ongoing maintenance of the group’s core risk systems including data validation, troubleshooting stress and/or model output, reconciliation tasks, and help with model review documentation.
- Interact regularly with the front office on risk-related issues such as discussing margin changes.
- Respond to changing market conditions by conducting ad-hoc exposure analyses across the Prime Brokerage portfolio
Coordinate with technology to improve risk system capabilities in performance, reporting, and data quality.
Daily monitoring of client portfolios and providing of commentary of market risk positions with the aim to identify material risk exposures and concentrations. .
Respond to urgent ad-hoc requests from senior management and regulators.
Provide Economic commentary at team meetings.
- Strong SQL and Excel skills
- Ability to understand securities, futures, and derivative financial products and how they are impacted by various market conditions.
- Strong project management, analytical, and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to understand & troubleshoot model output and stress results
- Ability process large amounts of information and extract that which is material
- Ability to multi-task & work independently with limited supervision and in a team environment,
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines in a fast paced work environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Strong SQL and Excel skills.
- Prior experience as a risk manager or in portfolio management focusing on cash securities and derivatives.
- Prior experience in, or familiarity with, Hedge Funds, Hedge Fund strategies, and Prime Brokerage