As an experienced professional in our Cybersecurity organization, you’re equally committed to watching over our data today, as well as finding innovative new ways to protect it in the future. To do that, you’ll help lead a highly motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You’ll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups. You’ll take the lead on incident response, risk reviews and vulnerability assessments, identifying threats, all of which ladder up to driving and selecting cost-effective solutions. You’ll deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. You’ll keep management, executive directors, managing directors and stakeholders in the loop, as well as managing people and budgets. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
Our Cybersecurity Group is currently looking for a representative for the Connectivity Assurance (CA) Team.
Network Security Analyst / Connectivity Assurance - Cybersecurity
Primary responsibility is to perform network security risk management assessment services with subject matter expertise in securing networking technologies and IP communications. The position provides consulting services to Enterprise Technology (ET), Lines of Business (LOB) and Technology Control Officers (TCO) for:
- Security guidance and recommendations.
- Cost effective solutions that take advantage of existing infrastructure and standards.
- Work closely with ET on new technologies and architectures.
- Overall primary focus will be on providing managed risk solutions to support ET and TCO's to conduct business. Serve as representative of the CA Team coordinating with CA users across the LOBs and ET. The specific task is performing network security risk management assessments for perimeter and internal network related projects, include the following: Assessments for perimeter and internal network related projects, internet and extranet services, web hosting, email, proxy, SFTP, Desktop Internet Access, DNS, new data centers, new major business partners and service providers, joint ventures and perimeter network upgrade initiatives.
- Assessments on new data center architectures, new major business initiatives and partners, as well as perimeter architectures and designs.
- Review external connectivity requests from a risk and control perspective applying principles outlined in Policies and Standards to ensure compliance.
- Provide guidance and requirements for strategic technologies and the establishment of new technology standards.
- Work with ET on new IP-based technologies reviewing and ensuring security controls and objectives are achieved: Wireless LANs, Application Firewalls, Networking Technologies, Network Authentication, Desktop Security, VOIP, Mobile Technologies, etc.
- Define requirements for establishment and maintenance of reference architecture and security design.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of IT policies and network security standards, i.e. network perimeter security standards, remote access, etc.
- Serve as technical consultant to provide requirements for policy and engineering standards establishment, risk monitoring standards and activities.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following: Information Security, Technology Risk Management or Network Security within the financial sector
- In-depth knowledge of network security architectures (internal / external), firewall technologies, and knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite (includes secure protocols)
- Experience with firewall operations or firewall engineering experience or in depth knowledge with firewall platforms
- Knowledge of network, system, and application monitoring technologies (i.e. antivirus products, personal firewalls, network and host intrusion technologies) as well as technologies that provides host-based containment
- Familiarity with IT control policies, security standards and security configuration settings for platforms and network infrastructure.
- Solid understanding of network security concepts
- Solid experience with risk management practices and audit controls.
- Experience in assessing network security risk and ability to identify controls to prevent or detect activities
- Ability to work in a team as a contributor to improving security controls on network and platform infrastructure
- Good communication skills to represent the CA Team across all levels of management and technical staff (global)
- Ability to provide secure solutions to technically challenging problems as well as towards describing available offered solutions to LOBs and technology resources
- Education (degree holder) / Professional Certifications (IT Security, Network/Firewall) are preferred
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Advanced expertise in Cybersecurity organization practices, operations, risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering and threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies, tactics and strategy to protect, detect, respond and recover from attacks
• Deep fluency in national and international laws, regulations, policies and ethics related to financial industry Cybersecurity
• Seasoned command of multiple disciplines, optimizing Cybersecurity products and services through the lifecycle
• Recognized expertise in Cybersecurity and Agile, creating competitive advantage through the application of leading-edge technologies and methodologies
• Strategically oriented and can influence at the group and Firm level as needed
• Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
Your expertise in cyber, combined with your desire to provide innovative security services, will be an asset to our Cybersecurity team. Help deliver high-quality security solutions across all our lines of business around the world by creating, designing, implementing, and maintaining next-level technology. The work you’ll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Company, you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Company we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies around the world, we want to meet you.