JP Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. We serve millions of U.S. consumers and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients. We are a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. With assets under supervision of $2.0 trillion and assets under management of $1.4 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
A critical priority for Asset Management is to continuously improve the client experience, client service, and set of products and services offered to clients. Data underpins the development of new products and services and is shared with third parties as part of core business processes. Data Use Governance provides oversight and mitigating controls against the overuse or oversharing of data.
The data use governance functions is part of the Asset Wealth Management(AWM) Chief Data Office (CDO) which defines AWM's data strategy and support for data used across AWM to run our business, such as client data, reference data, product data, securities and pricing data, transactions and holdings, and index data.
The AWM CDO is positioned in the Asset Wealth Management Operations division, within AWM Center. We work with the AWM business and Firm wide CDO and data use function to analyze data use cases, ensure data use governance standards are in place, and work with our business and technology partners to implement solutions.
The Data Use Lead will contribute to and collaborate with the firmwide data management team to create and evolve standards, procedures and tooling, and drive the adoption in Asset Wealth Management. The Data Use Lead guides the business community in Asset Management on the appropriate use and sharing of data engaging with operations, technology, risk, and control functions.
· Responsible for Asset Wealth Management Data Use book of work including research, review, and analysis of data use cases
· Implement Data Use Governance end to end from data use case identification, analysis and review to decisions in AWM
· Contribute to firmwide data use working groups
· Advocate for Data Use in Asset Wealth Management
· Develop key metrics and reporting that include key messages, control and operational effectiveness, and overall status on data use
· Prepare presentations and materials for stakeholder reviews, project team meetings, leadership reviews, Asset Wealth Management Data Use Council and executive forums
· Manage escalated issues that have not been resolved to the business satisfaction
· Solicit input from business constituents and achieve long-term strategic solutions for business partners
· Manage key partnerships with key stakeholders including FW data management, AWM Lines of Business, Technology and Corporate Functions
Qualifications and Skills Required
· 5-10 years in Financial Services or Consulting in complex program and Stakeholder management
· Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills to deconstruct complex problem into solvable pieces
· Knowledge and understanding of key business activities in investment management
· Knowledge and experience in data privacy, operations, and technology functions preferred
· Strong interpersonal leadership, partnership and influencing skills – ability to interact with colleagues at all levels in a peer-like manner and achieve goals without direct control over resources.
· Independent, organized, self-motivated and a team player building strong relationships with stakeholders across the firm
· Must be able to drill down into details and abstract the detail for executive communication
· Takes accountability for completing deliverables and enjoys owning tasks and jumping in to deliver.
· Possesses excellent judgment, knows when to escalate complex issues to senior management or functional partners with relevant expertise.
· Adaptable to work in an evolving and changeable environment.
· Advanced skills with the core MS Office suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint); Advanced skills with standard PM tools (e.g. MS Project); Familiarity with process-mapping tools (e.g. MS Visio, etc.)
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.