Counterparty Credit Infrastructure and Capital (CCIC) is a global private side group with a presence in New York, London and Asia, and is part of CIB Credit Risk. CCIC has a wide range of responsibilities across derivatives and other traded products, including credit exposure infrastructure, tools and methodology, analysis of exposure and XVA for complex transactions, stress testing, wrong way risk, advanced regulatory capital models and counterparty risk data governance.
The team partners widely, in particular with Credit Officers, Market Risk, Capital Management, Quantitative Research, Model Review & Governance, Sales and Trading and Credit Portfolio Group.
This role is for the Head of Americas CCIC, reporting to the Global Head of CCIC.
Overall leadership for Counterparty Credit Risk CCAR stress testing. Provide senior oversight/coordination across the teams that contribute the different CCAR components (CCIC, Credit Portfolio Group, Market Risk and Derivative Operations).
Oversight and management of the Firmwide Capital. This group is responsible for implementation and oversight of Basel III capital models for risk based approaches, along with development of analytics to help explain and validate capital changes.
Oversight and management of the Americas Credit Portfolio Solutions team. This team quantifies exposures and XVA on complex and material transactions, working closely with Marketers, Credit Officers and Credit Portfolio Group.
Oversight and management of the CCIC Data Governance team. This team covers the data infrastructure, oversight and governance for counterparty credit risk, including identifying and resolving data issues.
Act as the senior interface to regulators in the Americas on Counterparty Credit Risk.
In addition to the functional responsibilities, a key part of the role is to provide senior leadership and management of the people aspects of the NY group. This includes training and development, talent management, and performance management.
Essential skills, experience, and qualifications:
- 10+ years of relevant experience of risk management or related discipline in a top tier peer bank
- Proven ability and experience in taking commercial decisions – the group plays an important role in shaping transactions and in providing value-add risk metrics, and a strong practical sense of what will help the firm move forward is a key attribute
- Very strong quantitative and analytical skills, with ideally Masters level education in a quantitative discipline
- High level of product knowledge of counterparty credit risk products (e.g. derivatives), including credit exposure, capital, stress testing etc
- Excellent partnership and team management skills, with demonstrated ability to successfully influence at senior levels
- Good understanding of the CCR regulatory environment and prior experience of engagement with regulators
- Strong organizational, control, project management, communication and negotiation skills