JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
• Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
• Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
• Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
• Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
• Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
Legal Technology (LT) is part of Corporate Technology’s Control Systems & Legal Technology organization, which delivers technology solutions to support Legal as they advise the business on applicable laws, regulations and rules that govern our business globally, and assess and measure compliance and related risks, and monitor and test the adequacy of the firm's compliance control environment. Legal Technology is the steward for the design, build and management for the firm’s Legal Technology portfolio across all Lines of Business and global regions. Legal Technology is responsible for partnering with our clients on evolving business capabilities, improving end user experience with our solutions and services, and ensuring that we continue to provide continuous improvement on the systems that are relied upon across the firm. Legal Technology supports legal functions covering Matter & Spend Management, eDiscovery Platform Services, Knowledge Management and Lifecycle Management.
This Data Analytics Software Engineer position will be primarily responsible for Data Warehouse, Reporting & Analytics development within JP Morgan’s Legal Technology. Development will include design, construction, testing, optimization, and deployment of BI technologies including but not limited to Oracle, Informatica, QlikView/Tableau, Business Objects as well as advanced analytics tools (e.g. Python, R etc.). The BI Developer will need to work effectively with a globally distributed team of developers & product owners/stakeholders to implement reporting & analytics solutions leveraging the JPMC Legal generated data. Overall, the ideal candidate for this position will be highly skilled in data warehouse & reporting methodologies, data manipulation & analytics tools and have expertise in the visualization and presentation of enterprise data.
- Designs, analyzes, develops, tests, debugs and delivers software and/or new products as part of Data Warehouse, Reporting & Analytics development within JP Morgan’s Legal Technology
- Work with development leads/scrum masters & product owners to identify solutions to their reporting needs, develop new MIS solutions or modify/optimize existing ones.
- Identify process simplification opportunities for overall reporting environment. Work with operational reporting team and business partners to automate or simplify existing processes, and to remove any manual steps from report generation and delivery.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of end to end software development which may include working in Agile frameworks
- Collaborates with fellow team members and keeps the team and other key stakeholders well informed of progress of application business features being developed
Skills and Experience
Proficient in application development skills for more than one business intelligence technology including visualization (Tableau/Qlikview), data warehouse (Oracle), reporting (Business Objects) and advanced analytics tools & methodologies
3+ years of comprehensive report analysis and design experience with demonstrated knowledge of Oracle based data warehouse / database structures.
3+ years of recent experience developing reports on Tableau/QlikView.
3+ years of recent experience in SQL, PL/SQL.
Experience with advanced analytical technologies & tools like Python, R etc. will be a plus.
- Working proficiency in a selection of software engineering disciplines and demonstrates understanding of overall software skills including business analysis, development, testing, deployment, maintenance and improvement of software.
Strong communication skills with demonstrated experience coordinating development cycles and project management.
Self-starter that can work alone and as part of a team
Communicates effectively with team and stakeholders to gain shared understanding of strategic requirements
Strong data analysis skills and problem solving ability
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, or Engineering. Different field of study, with significant professional experience in BI Development, is acceptable.