Corporate Finance: Firmwide Financial Accounting & Reporting - Cross LOB – GL Integration - Vice President
The Firmwide Financial Accounting & Reporting organization is responsible for the accuracy, integrity and timeliness of the Firm’s books and records, while providing reporting to both internal and external clients.
The organization closely examines the general ledger, operating systems and infrastructure controls across the entire lifecycle of the business to ensure the firm’s financial information is accurately depicted for reporting and regulation purposes. This financial information is used by analysts to assess the firm’s financial position; by management to make sound financial decisions; by investors to make informed decisions; and by regulators to supervise and examine the firm appropriately.
The most common functions and activities owned by Firmwide Financial Accounting and Reporting (FFAR) include but are not limited to the following: financial analysis, consolidation, reporting, balance sheet reconciliation/certification/substantiation, general ledger reconciliation reporting & governance, inter-entity control and governance, manual accounting/bookings to the general ledger and operating systems, and executing the month end close process.
• Manage the consolidation of JPMorgan Chase financial data at month-end
• Oversee preparation of the firm's primary financial statements at quarter-end for use in the earnings release and SEC filings
• Manage data requests into and out of the Financial Reporting group, serving as liaison between data suppliers and data users, including line-of-business and legal entity controllers
• Manage intercompany eliminations, a key component of the financial consolidation process
• Enhance the overall control environment around the financial reporting function
• Mobilize change wherever possible in order to simplify processes and enhance controls
• Drive aspects of production of the monthly financial Flash Report
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced desktop/spreadsheet/database skills
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and execute in a constantly changing environment
• Ability to partner across all levels of the organization and influence decisions and priorities outside of one’s direct span of control
• Ability to understand business drivers, systems and interdependencies to deliver solutions to business problems
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business (or equivalent experience)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting or related industry
• In-depth knowledge of industry standards and regulations
• In-depth knowledge of firm’s products
• Experience with a financial consolidation and reporting system (i.e. SAP interface), knowledge of other JPM Chase financial reporting systems beneficial
• Experience managing a staff of skilled professionals
• Experience in managing process and workflow enhancement
• CPA license beneficial in some FFAR roles but not required
***Note: This role requires compliance with the Firm’s Consecutive Leave Policy. The policy requires certain employees in sensitive positions to be out of the office for a specified period each calendar year. Please ask the recruiter or hiring manager for additional details***
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.