As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- 3-5 years of Application Development work experience throughout the full project delivery lifecycle.
- 2-3 years Application Production management and Support with proven success resolving the actual root cause of issues.
- 3-5 year experience in:
- Unix/Linux environments
- Cloud native applications (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, CloudFoundry)
- Relational and NoSQL databases (Oracle, MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Log analysis and monitoring (Splunk, DynaTrace, Datadog, ELK)
- Relational databases such as DB2 and Casandra
- Queue technologies, such as MQ/JMS/Kafka
- Resolving hardware and software hygiene breaks
- System engineering
- Machine learning
- Distributed and parallel systems
- Data structures and algorithms
- Mobile application development
- Understand networking and cloud technologies, for example Security, Load Balancing, Network routing protocols.
- Provide occasional 24/7 on-call escalation support as required.
- Capable of executing and delivering on a multitude of concurrent initiatives in a dynamic environment.
- Proven experience as a people manager, driving employee satisfaction, developing the skills of the team, developing and helping staff achieve career objectives, and drive team to achieve organizational objectives.
- Excellent communication verbal and written skills, with the ability to contribute to large conference calls. Comfortable providing clear problem descriptions in terminology understood by a broad audience in a time sensitive environment.
- Ability to be proactive with a strong bias for action, naturally inquisitive, and bias for continuous improvement of practices / process.
- Experience in working with cross line of business teams, Outside Service Providers and Partner Organizations.
- Experience with Incident Management methodologies, systems and tools.
- Strong knowledge of relevant applications and development life cycle methodologies, including Agile.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in a DevOps model a plus.
- Banking and/or financial services industry experiences a plus.
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.