JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
The Asset Management (AM) Audit Team is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environments across all the AM businesses including Global Wealth Management, Investment Management, and Highbridge. This is achieved through a program of audit coverage which is performed and managed by a global team of integrated technology and financial business specialists.
This position is based in New York and responsible for audit coverage of the US Wealth Management business reporting directly to the team lead. This position is responsible for assisting with audit project management, ongoing risk assessment, and relationship management for key business functions and groups within wealth management.
The applicant must be an experienced professional who possesses strong auditing skills, good knowledge of the private banking/wealth management business, financial instruments and products, and a strong understanding of internal control systems within a financial institution.
- Minimum bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related discipline
- At least 4 - 7 years of Asset Management/Wealth Management audit or business experience
- Detailed knowledge of products and services provided within a Global Wealth Management business including investment management, trustee and specialty wealth advisory services, brokerage, banking and credit
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulatory requirements banking (specifically OCC 12 CFR 9) and broker/dealer regulations
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships with key stakeholders, desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically
- Proven ability to be able to multi task and be able to change priorities
- Works well individually, and in teams, shares information, supports colleagues and encourages participation
- Strong skills in time management, problem solving, written and oral communication
- Enthusiastic, self motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal risk and accountability
- Strong analytical skills particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of an internal control weakness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management in a persuasive manner
- Be prepared to travel to the business locations
- Professional accountancy qualification and/or other professional certifications, such as CFIRS, Series 7, CFA, or are a plus.
**Any candidate not meeting ALL the requirements can be considered for an Associate, Auditor role.