The Financial Control team is part of Corporate Finance and provides financial control services across business aligned teams. In addition, there are several cross business teams including core accounting, regulatory reporting and an internal control team that houses the functions and processes common to all businesses. This model allows the participating businesses to more easily share best practices and better leverage their collective talent, all while ensuring that the business-aligned teams keep their strong connection and relationships with the business managers in the primary locations. The FC organization is based in Newark, Delaware and Mumbai, India.
The Financial Control Associate will be required to work closely with the line of business controllers, middle office and operations areas to understand the operational impact of trading strategies and settlement practices for the businesses globally.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the middle office to ensure trade bookings agree between front and back office systems and ultimately the general ledger;
- Work with various areas to research, escalate, and clear cash and settlement exceptions in a timely manner;
- Work with the businesses and financial control to ensure understanding and sign off of monthly P&L;
- Completion of monthly GLRS process.
The candidate must be a highly-motivated individual and must be able to handle a high level of complexity in their product coverage, be able to shift focus of task with relative ease and be flexible enough in shifting workload in accordance with changing priorities, and be comfortable dealing with a sometimes stressful and fast-paced trading and month end priority-driven environment.
- Basic understanding of securities and derivatives products
- Comfort liaising with business and risk managers
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships within the various product aligned businesses and across other corporate financial, treasury, and accounting groups
- Existing relationships and networks within JPMorgan community an advantage
- Ability to understand business drivers and requirements and influence middle and front office partners to deliver solutions to business issues and problems
- Strong analytical skills:
Ability to quickly understand workings of a complex processing system and general ledger systems across the infrastructure and their interrelationships and dependencies.