Analyst, Corporate Client Banking – Entertainment Industries Group
The Entertainment Industries Group (“EIG”) is a leading industry team located in Los Angeles, CA. The group’s legacy dates back many decades and continues to focus on companies primarily engaged in content production and distribution, with a particular focus on film, television, music, and video games. EIG also works in other areas of the media landscape, including television networks and theatrical film exhibitors. The group frequently works with product partners from the Global Investment Bank (Syndicated & Leveraged Finance, Debt and Equity Capital Markets, M&A, Private Placements, Asset Backed Securities, among others), as well as Coverage Partners from Treasury Services, Foreign Exchange, Interest Rate Derivatives, and Private Banking. EIG covers clients located both within Los Angeles and elsewhere in the United States and abroad.
EIG is part of Corporate Client Banking (“CCB”), which focuses on North American companies with over $500mm in annual sales. Corporate Client Banking provides these companies with both traditional commercial banking services and a broad array of investment banking products. To best address our clients’ needs, CCB is organized primarily by geographic region with select industry-focused teams.
The position is primarily geared toward providing analytical support to deal teams with a particular focus on financial modeling, transaction execution and ensuring coordination among senior deal team members and credit underwriting. As a member of the team, the position plays an integral part to help gain, manage and maintain client relationships. The final officer title and job grade is at the discretion of the firm and will be discussed at the time of offer. It may be different than what is listed on the requisition based on candidate experience level.
- Bachelors degree with outstanding academic credentials
- The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of Investment Banking experience.
- Work with client executives to help generate new revenue opportunities either from prospects or existing clients
- Collaborate with credit underwriting team on analysis, structuring and documentation of credit requests and must have strong credit, analytical, and financial modeling skills
- Knowledge of Investment Banking products. Position will provide support around capital structure analysis concentrating on syndicated leveraged finance transactions, corporate finance advisory, interest rate and currency hedging, as well as traditional banking products
- Strong interpersonal skills as position enables frequent and direct interaction with senior management of clients and prospects
- Excellent problem solving, oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, productive team player. Partnership skills are essential as work will often overlap with industry partners, product partners and investment banking teams
- Strong proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Permanent and/or unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S.
- Series 79 and 63 licensed (or must obtain)
- Excellent reviews and referrals from your current manager and peers