Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial
services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than
60 countries We serve more than 50 million consumers and small
businesses through more than 5,600 bank branches, 18,700 ATMs, credit
cards, mortgage offices and online and mobile banking as well as through
relationships with auto dealerships.
Within Chase, Consumer Banking provides great products and an
outstanding customer experience at over 5,600 branches and 18,700 ATMs
in 23 states, as well as online and over the phone.
As a Chase employee, you’ll be part of a company that makes a real
difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves.
With a focus on customer service, you’ll put others first, do what’s
right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to
build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next –
for you and for us.
Shared Technology Services Infrastructure Inventory & Demand
Management oversees the demand for and inventory of IT infrastructure
assets across the Chase Consumer and Community Banking organization.
The team is responsible for providing insight into upcoming IT
infrastructure asset demand for projects affecting the CCB
organization. In addition, the team is responsible for providing
visibility into the infrastructure asset inventory and supporting
financial and asset projections for the organization.
A career opportunity is available as an infrastructure inventory
management analyst to provide support for the infrastructure IT asset portfolio of
the Consumer & Business Banking organization. In this role you will
be part of a team that serves as the primary point of contact for
infrastructure inventory across multiple lines of business. These IT
assets include all elements of software and hardware that are found in
the business environment. You will be responsible for identifying
assets, ensuring data quality meets expectations, providing business
reporting, and advising the business on processes, risks, and costs.
You will need to develop documentation and manage customer
expectations, routinely make complex decisions and hold others
accountable for quality and deadlines. You will be responsible for the
adherence to policies, standards, processes, systems and measurements
that enable the organization to manage the IT asset portfolio with
respect to risk, cost, control, IT Governance, compliance and
performance objectives as established by the business. This role
requires deep knowledge and experience in software and hardware asset
management, data mining, and analysis.
- Create and publish reports of CCB hardware and software assets to
assist with defining infrastructure technology direction and strategy
- Engage and partner with Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) resources on asset activities that impact the organization
- Lead efforts, through engagement of solutions engineering,
operations administrators and other internal teams, to analyze inventory
data quality issues and implement solutions
- Oversee the application portfolio and related SEAL processes
governing software asset management for multiple lines of business
within the Consumer & Business Banking organization
- Represent CCB in firm wide working groups focused on inventory management activities
- Contribute to the CCB Infrastructure Inventory Management SharePoint site
- Partner with LOB support teams to review and validate all asset inventories for consistency, accuracy and completeness
- Focus on documentation, including generation of executive-level
reporting and review / update of established best practices and
- Prepare for internal audits by documenting procedures, publishing reports and leading teams to respond to inquiries
- Partner with finance teams to ensure IT asset expenses are accurate and reflect what is being used
- Ensure data quality standards are met via metrics reporting
This position requires a close working relationship with colleagues across all consumer organizations, infrastructure and operations technology teams across all consumer organizations, project management teams and GTI. The successful candidate must be respected by the technology teams, have advanced understanding of multiple consumer businesses/ functions, and must be able to communicate to all levels of management. It is critical that the successful candidate has the ability to navigate the full scope of the technology footprint across CCB by working with familiar and unfamiliar technologies, applications and organizations.
- 5-7 + years of professional Information Technology experience
- 3-5+ years of experience with infrastructure assets and inventory practices
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office proficiency including Access and Excel skills for data analysis, PowerPoint skills for executive reports creation, Word and Visio for process documentation
- Strong analytical skills are critical
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and must be a team player
- Comfortable in a fast dynamic environment
- Self-motivated individual with demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and interact with all levels
- Working knowledge of SEAL, TAMS, RC (Request Center) and other asset related systems is a plus
- Report creation with SQL, Crystal Reports or Business Objects a plus
- Line of Business experience a plus
- ITIAM certification (Software and Hardware) a plus
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work/training preferred