Tech – Capital Technology –Senior Python Dev Lead (VP) – Delaware
The Capital Technology team is responsible for building a strategic Technology Solution, including an integrated view of the Finance / Risk data and Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) calculation capabilities which facilitate automated regulatory and internal reporting, as well as variance and explain analytics.
This new platform is to perform RWA calculations under different Basel regimes across Market Risk, Credit Risk, Operational Risk and Retail.
We are seeking a senior hands-on technologist with deep technical design and Object Oriented development skills to join the Capital Technology team. This individual will need to have hands-on ability in Python or Java or other OO language, with computer science, engineering, math, physics or information technology degree. They will be a part of a dynamic team of highly talented individuals and will be encouraged to contribute ideas, learn, design and implement.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Hands-on ability to design and code in various technologies such as Python and SQL
- Team lead able to guide other developers technically
- Serve as the technical subject matter expert on designing and developing high performance applications
- Lead technical data analysis and the design of logical and physical data models supporting all calculation, analytics and reporting business processes
- Perform unit testing and system integration testing of the newly developed functionalities
- Conduct design and code reviews ; Enforce industry and JPMC standards and follow technical trends
- Minimum 7+ years of solid hands-on development expertise using Python and SQL; Otherwise solid experience in Java, C++ or other OO language
- Minimum 3+ years of Financial Services experience, preferably within Basel Capital, Credit Risk or Market Risk
- Prior experience working in hands-on Application Dev Lead role
- Must have strong technical skills in delivering complex enterprise level systems
- Should possess excellent object-oriented design skills with strong analytical capabilities
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills - Excellent attention to detail
- Results and quality driven professional with an ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Experience with multi-tiers and service oriented architecture
- Strong experience with Oracle or similar RDBMS databases
- Knowledge of software development life cycle and agile development practices.
- Strategic thinking, collaboration and consensus building skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and partnership with wider team
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task independently with a fast-paced proactive approach to changing priorities
- Financial products knowledge such as OTC Derivatives, Securities, Repos, Securitization, TCP would be a preference