JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
About JPMorgan Chase Wealth Management
JPMorgan Chase is one of the oldest financial institutions in the United States with a history dating back over 200 years. We are a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion operating in more than 60 countries. We have 270,000 employees serving millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients. We are a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. We have fiduciary assets under supervision and assets under management/custody of over $4.1 trillion combined and are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
J.P. Morgan Global Wealth Management (GWM) has more than 100 years of experience helping the world's wealthiest individuals and their families grow, manage and sustain their wealth to ultimately leave a lasting legacy. By consistently keeping our clients informed, focusing on risk-adjusted returns and rapidly adjusting to tactical opportunities and risks, we stand by our clients through market cycles. GWM provides an exceptional breadth and depth of wealth management solutions including investing, wealth structuring, capital advisory, philanthropy and banking. J.P. Morgan's wealth management solutions are provided through the Private Bank and J.P. Morgan Securities Corporation.
GWM Investment Risk Management
JPMorgan Chase believes in a holistic approach to risk analysis by incorporating key risk disciplines including Credit, Market, Principal, Liquidity, Model, Legal, Fiduciary, Reputation, and Operational Risk and weighing these against returns. JPMorgan Chase’s Firm wide Risk Management function operates independently of marketing and product groups within the lines of business. The Chief Risk Officer (CRO) of the firm reports directly to the CEO and is accountable to the Board of Directors, primarily through the Directors Risk Policy Committee.
GWM Investment Risk Management provides oversight of GWM’s investment businesses to ensure that the risks taken in managed portfolios are appropriate to their investment objectives. The team covers all investing activities within GWM, from product onboarding to regular monitoring and governance. Investment Risk works closely with the other risk disciplines within GWM: Fiduciary risk, Credit risk, Operational risk and Reputational risk.
Investment Risk Officers are responsible for monitoring investment activities within specific products and asset classes. These risk professionals have specialist knowledge aligned to their coverage area. They have primary responsibility for the oversight and governance of investment risk within their covered businesses. In addition, they provide valuable feedback to their Risk colleagues and to the businesses they cover regarding fiduciary issues and emergent risk- or market-related topics.
Investment Risk Officer – Alternative Investments Strategies, VP
In addition to its core multi-manager product offering, GWM offers a number of alternative investment strategies to its clients; third party hedge funds sourced by the Due Diligence Team as well as managed portfolios comprised of diligenced funds. The Investment Risk Officer for Alternative Investment Strategies provides independent risk oversight of the various hedge fund products and managed solutions offered by GWM Investment Risk Officer – Alternative Investments Strategies, VP
In addition to its core multi-manager product offering, GWM offers a number of alternative investment strategies to its clients; third party hedge funds and private equity funds sourced by the Due Diligence Teams as well as managed portfolios comprised of diligenced funds. The Investment Risk Officer for Alternative Investment Strategies provides independent risk oversight of the various hedge fund and private equity products as well as alternative asset managed solutions offered by GWM.
· Primary investment risk coverage for third party hedge fund managers and third party private equity managers including specialized solutions and separately managed accounts utilizing these managers
· Maintain market intelligence in the alternative investments space, highlighting and escalating key risks on the horizon
· Engage in regular dialogue with investment teams; provide an informed challenge to portfolio managers and due diligence teams
· Analyze and prepare regular review of risk and performance reports vs. objectives, guidelines using various metrics for alternative investment strategies
· Participate in regular reviews of alternative investments solutions with the relevant portfolio management teams
· Assess risks in alternative investments funds and solutions in response to market events, emergent risks or portfolio performance
· Present and discuss alternative investments funds and solutions at Risk governance committees
· Minimum 8 years of Alternative Investments experience working with various hedge fund/private equity strategies is required
· Very high analytic aptitude, as evidenced by educational credentials and/or work experience
· Strong partnership skills; experience working on cross-functional teams
· Ability to challenge business partners while working constructively to achieve a common goal
· Control mentality – naturally skeptical, with an ability to anticipate unforeseen consequences
· Ownership mindset – takes personal responsibility for outcomes; sees beyond their own domain
· Self-starter with ability to manage projects independently
· Minimum seven years of financial industry experience; buy side experience preferred
· Desktop programming skills (SQL/VBA) and expert Excel skills are a significant advantage in this role
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.