Business Banking serves the banking needs of businesses with $.5 million to $20 million in revenue. The Area Manager function is a key role in the field organization. Business Banking is looking for an experienced manager who will lead a team of bankers in managing existing client relationships and developing new business while maintaining a focus on relationship-building, customer financial advice, client experience and risk management.
· Oversees the Business Banking marketing and sales activities of an assigned city or a market within a larger metropolitan area
· Provides leadership and support to team of bankers, providing direction, advice, counsel and support to ensure the best customer experience, sound risk management, and continued business retention and growth
· Manages team performance, holding all members accountable for achieving results using appropriate protocols and best business practices; monitors ongoing performance metrics to ensure early intervention and effective corrective action; provides insight and expertise to build buy-in and/or enhance/realign approach
· Provides expertise to team on products, deal structuring, relationship-building, and developing customized solutions through partnership with commercial, consumer, mortgage and Chase Wealth Management.
· Coaches and develops team on all aspects of managing a portfolio including relationship management, prospecting, profitability, customer experience, and risk management
· Manages the market's revenue and profitability and monitors adherence to credit quality, regulatory requirements and risk protocols
· Promotes partnership and teamwork within the team and across other functions to ensure a seamless experience for the client who has multiple products and services.
· Actively recruits, selects and hires top quality talent to ensure pipeline of diverse viable candidates
Represents bank in community leadership capacity such as Chamber of Commerce, local non-profit boards
· Five or more years commercial/business banking or related business lending experience
· Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field, or equivalent work experience required
· Prior sales and marketing management experience preferred
· Expert knowledge of business credit, deposit and cash management products and services
· Strong knowledge of business credit underwriting with commercial credit training preferred
· Strong communication skills with individuals at all levels, internally and externally
· Ability to use reports, metrics and other data to identify trends, issues and opportunities; identifies solutions and removes roadblocks for the team; knows and utilizes available resources to resolve issues when appropriate
· Ability to build collaborative relationships across the organization and influence others without direct control
· Proven ability to maintain a client focus while managing risk
· Ability to lead proactively through change
Active and visible in community leadership roles
Travel requirement - 50%