JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
The Audit Department provides the Board of Directors, senior management and regulators with an independent assessment of JPMorganChase's (JPMC) control environment. Audit works closely with the Lines of Business (LOBs) and their support functions to achieve its mission through the execution of a comprehensive audit program designed to test the effectiveness of the controls in place to mitigate the risks inherent in each business.
The Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) Finance Audit Team manages a program of coverage over the CIB’s financial controls, including integrity/accuracy of financial statements, compliance with applicable accounting standards and external/regulatory reporting requirements, adequacy of inputs into capital planning processes, and accuracy of management and legal entity reporting.
This role is a Vice President - Audit Manager on the North America CIB Finance audit team, based in New York. Key responsibilities include development and execution of the annual audit plan, management of audit engagements, oversight over or performance of audit testing, as well as involvement in audit continuous monitoring by maintaining ongoing interaction with business management, review/analysis of key metrics, and participation in applicable control and governance forums.
- Drive all aspects of audit activities including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, workpaper documentation and review, control evaluation, issue identification, drafting of audit reports, and verification of action plan closure. This may entail leading a team of auditors or acting as individual contributor in planning, testing and reporting on the effectiveness of controls that support CIB Finance. Audit process is conducted in accordance with department and professional standards and will require the presentation of issues and root cause analysis to management.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with stakeholders, while providing independent challenge.
- Demonstrate and maintain technical competency, staying up to date with evolving accounting, regulatory and industry developments impacting the CIB Finance units.
- Support a culture that encourages integrity, respect, excellence and innovation
- Bachelor’s degree (or relevant financial services experience) required
- Minimum of 7 years audit, operational risk, regulatory or relevant business line/accounting experience
- Exposure to Capital Markets/Investment Banking businesses, Broker Dealer and Bank regulatory reporting, and/or capital planning (CCAR) processes preferred
- Prior experience in Big 4 accounting firm and/or internal audit department in financial services industry preferred
- CPA, CIA, MBA designation preferred
- Ability to effectively and efficiently execute audit testing, complete audit workpaper documentation, manage deadlines, multi-task, and oversee work of team members
- Strong analytical skills particularly in regard to identification of internal control weaknesses
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure and open to new learning opportunities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management
- Team player, working effectively as a manager and an individual contributor. Ability to work well in teams, share information, support colleagues and encourage participation
- Experience in risk assessment, issue/impact analysis and executive report writing preferred
Candidates who don’t meet the full requirements for the Vice President role may be considered for an Associate role.