JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, commercial banking, financial services for small business and consumers, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
The Credit Risk Stress and Margin team (“CRSM”) works within Credit Risk to measure and manage the exposure from trading activity across numerous asset classes and client types. Clients are primarily Hedge Funds and traditional Asset Managers but also include Banks and Broker Dealers, Insurance Companies, Pensions and Corporates. All products and asset classes that these clients can trade are in scope. This includes, but is not limited to the following: listed equities and Futures, all OTC derivatives including cleared and intermediated trades, structured products, repos, TBAs, FX and more. The CRSM team is organized into two collaborative stripes. One focused on the risk management of the Derivatives Clearing businesses and one focused on Portfolio Risk and Margin Methodologies. Both stripes also work together to support the ongoing development and enhancement of the strategic risk and stress platform.
This is an Associate level role with a focus on the Portfolio Risk and Margin Methodology risk stripe. Risk originates from client trading activity in the Derivatives Clearing business as well as bilateral trading with JPM. The Clearing business provides clearing, intermediation, and execution services for Hedge Funds and other Prime Services clients globally. Bilateral Trades include complex derivative trades and span all asset classes. The candidate is expected to have a good understanding and knowledge of derivatives (Cleared and OTC swaps), Futures, Options and financial markets.
- Perform quantitative risk analyses on client portfolios or individual trades, analyze trading strategies, developing statistical models, and perform portfolio simulations. Identify concentrated or concerning risk positions and escalate as needed.
- Define margining methodologies, conduct benchmarking analysis, and engage senior traders to understand trade dynamics.
- Develop stress methodologies and frameworks. Collaborate with other Risk stripes across the firm including Market Risk and Model Review.
- Monitor markets and geopolitical developments and assess impact on client portfolios.
- Work with Credit Officers, management, the CIB businesses, and regulators to highlight and summarize risks.
- Identify notable trends and material changes in client portfolios and across products and businesses.
- Partner with technology on initiatives to implement solutions for more effective risk identification and management.
Must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline such as Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Engineering, Finance and/or Economics.
- Strong understanding of derivatives valuation models and the various parameters and conditions affecting these products.
- Ability to communicate results of analysis or underlying risk concepts clearly and succinctly (both written and verbal).
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Adept with Excel and familiarity with Bloomberg or Reuters-Eikon.
- Prior experience working at a financial institution in a market or credit risk role or in a trading capacity or in a role with a focus on derivatives clearing and F&O exchange traded products.
- Knowledge of risk management including VaR, scenario analysis and stress testing.
- Master’s degree, CFA, CQF or FRM designations are preferred.