JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Global Wealth Management Technology is part of the Asset Management line of business at JPMorgan Chase and Co and is responsible for providing high quality, high performance and resilient technology solutions to the business that we support.
Our group is responsible for solutions supporting investor tools and brokerage order management functionality for internal users covering all major asset classes, including position management, portfolio analysis, order capture, pre-trade checks and STP. We operate on principles of technical excellence and strong partnership with the business to ensure that the company can rely on our ability to deliver robust technology solutions to emerging business needs, continued growth and competitive advantage.
As a technologist within the front-office technology team you will help ensure that we produce software products that add value to the Wealth Management Business. Your primary responsibility will include:
• Full-stack architecture, design, development for Investor Tools and Brokerage Trading Web Applications
• Follow and promote Agile practices like SCRUM and Business Driven Development
• Creation/participation in components of continuous delivery pipeline
• Collaborating with BA and QA on creation of test harnesses to facilitate automate acceptance testing
• Research new technologies, identify and learn best practice, adapt quickly and provide technical guidance to other team members
• Work with multiple globally distributed teams to deliver end-to-end solution across regions
• Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from Wealth Managers and Product Desks
• Presenting and demoing to users, stakeholders, and technology groups
• Understanding and communicating business and securities trading processes
• Promoting excellent user experience and system performance
• BS degree, preferably in Computer Science / Engineering or similar degree
• Strong computer science fundamentals such as algorithms, data structures, multithreading, object-oriented development, distributed applications, client-server/service oriented architecture
• Java development fluency with 5+ years’ experience
• Excellent knowledge of Java technologies including core Java 6, Spring, J2EE and application containers such as Tomcat or IBM WebSphere
• JDBC based solutions to access databases such as spring-jdbc, iBATIS and MyBatis
• Test Mocking and Junit
• RESTful API design, service oriented architecture expertise
• Database development skills including SQL, relational data design and stored procedures with 3-5 years’ experience
• Integration technologies experience such as middleware message queues, Mule ESB, FIX protocol
• Business Driven and Test-driven development experience
• Knowledge of agile software development methodologies
• Financial Services industry experience or knowledge
• MS degree, preferably in Computer Science / Engineering or similar degree
• Track record of delivering quality products
• User interface design experience developing user-facing software
• Strong understanding and experience with secure web protocols HTTPS/SSL/TLS
• Web application and web service cybersecurity experience
• Integration technologies experience such as middleware message queues, Mule ESB
• Distributed caching experience with technologies such as Gemfire
• Industry knowledge of big data technology, including Hadoop stack components, and other NOSQL and document type database
• Transactional database development experience and performance tuning
• Experience with Microsoft .NET technologies including C#
• Understanding of modern web browser internals and HTML5 runtimes
• Scrum methodology experience
• Brokerage Trading and Wealth Management domain experience
• Exposure to Atlassian tracking, collaboration and code quality tools
• Experience with large complex projects with distributed development teams
• Prior experience working with Bloomberg and/or Thomas Routers market data solutions.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.