JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
JPMorgan Internal Audit Function is an independent function that provides objective assurance guided by a philosophy of adding value to improve the operations of the organization. It assists the organization in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organization's governance, risk management, and internal control processes. The team’s priorities are focused on strong governance, transparency, strategic engagement and fostering a diverse and inclusive culture that focuses on people development.
The CIB Fixed Income Audit team is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environment across the Rates, Financing and Securitized Products businesses. This is achieved through a program of audit coverage which is performed and managed by a team of integrated business and technology auditors.
This position is based in NY and responsible for the audit coverage of Fixed Income markets trading businesses related to Securities (Agency, Municipal, and Treasuries) and Derivative instruments. The Auditor must be an experienced professional who possesses strong leadership skills and relationship management capabilities, and is knowledgeable of the products and operational & control risks which exist in these businesses.
As a member of the Audit Team, you will be responsible for:
- Plan and execute all aspects of audit activities including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, audit reporting, work paper documentation, and verification of issue / action plan closures. Ensure audits are completed timely and within budget.
- Work closely with audit colleagues located across the globe in the early identification of emerging control issues and reporting them timely to Audit management and business stakeholders.
- Perform monitoring of operational and financial related data to recognize patterns and trends with risk and control implications.
- Stay up to date with evolving regulatory and market events relating to the Fixed Income businesses.
- Partner with business management, other control groups (i.e. risk management, compliance, fraud prevention), external auditors, and regulators establishing strong working relationships while maintaining independence.
- Bachelor’s degree (or relevant financial services experience) required
- CPA and/or Advanced Degree in Finance or Accounting is preferred
- Minimum 8 years experience in public accounting or financial services firm, preferably strong knowledge of securities and derivatives related trading businesses and products
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships with key stakeholders, desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically
- Proven ability to be able to multi task as well as assess and change priorities
- Works well individually, and in teams, shares information, supports colleagues and encourages participation
- Strong skills in time management, problem solving, written and oral communication
- Strong analytical skills particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of an internal control weakness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management in a persuasive manner
- Flexibility to travel as required
**Any candidate not meeting all the qualifications can be considered as an Associate, Senior Auditor.