JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.6 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking Commercial Banking, Consumer and Community Banking.
Through collaboration, intellectual curiosity and creativity, you can accomplish extraordinary things at J.P. Morgan. Our people do outstanding work by partnering with clients and each other to generate positive change in our local and global communities every single day. We are committed to your growth and development. We offer opportunities across all of our businesses that can take you in any direction you want to go and leaders who will support you in getting there.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.6 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The US Equity-Value group is currently seeking a Financial Services Sector Analyst to join its small and midcap value portfolio management team. The primary responsibility of this position is to perform bottom-up company research under the direction of portfolio managers, including:
• Create and maintain models to forecast earnings, cash flows, and balance sheets for existing portfolio holdings or potential new investments identified by portfolio managers.
• Analyze business trends, end markets, and competitive positioning of company business models to assess the quality and durability of cash flows and earnings.
• Measure overall corporate performance, capital efficiency, and effectiveness of management’s capital allocation choices.
• Develop and express a viewpoint on the intrinsic value per share of existing and potential investments by weighing factors such as durability of business franchise, balance sheet risks, macro risks, and the quality of management to determine appropriate valuation metrics.
• 8-12 years of investment research experience focused on banks and the financial services sector
• Analytical swiftness and agility to study and draw conclusions on a variety of potential new investments over short time periods.
• Ability to articulate well-informed views on the process of corporate value creation, citing examples of both success and failure in that endeavor.
• Ability to articulate a clear, concise value-based investment philosophy.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.