About J.P. Morgan Asset Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager for individuals, advisors and institutions. Our investment professionals are located around the world, providing strategies that span the full spectrum of asset classes.
As one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world, with assets under management of over $1.5 trillion, we provide global market insights and a range of investment capabilities that few other firms can match.
About Our Business
J.P. Morgan Asset Management’s Portfolio Analysis Group (“PAG”) is responsible for performance measurement and portfolio analytics for external clients and serves as a value-added source of independent analysis and thought leadership for internal clients including portfolio managers, front office advisors, sales & marketing and senior management. Analysis types and activities include, but are not limited to, rate of return calculations, return attribution, risk analytics, competitive analysis and composite construction. This analysis is instrumental to help external clients understand drivers of return in their portfolios and help us internally measure the effectiveness of our products and strategies.
PAG consists of over 130 investment analysis professionals located in 7 countries and 11 locations. Included are a dedicated business management team, platform team and data management team which support the group. We serve different client groups through two main lines of business:
1) Global Investment Management which is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors worldwide with a clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns. With nearly 400 different strategies, Global Investment Management spans the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity. PAG’s Global Investment Management presence includes the following locations: New York, Columbus, London, Mumbai, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
2) The J.P. Morgan Private Bank, which includes both the Ultra High Net Worth and High Net Worth businesses, offers individuals and families personalized, comprehensive financial solutions that integrate sophisticated investment management, capital markets, trust and banking capabilities. PAG’s Private Bank presence includes the following locations: New York, Geneva, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Sao Paulo and Mexico City.
The Investor Support Analyst will partner with the front-line to solve complex client issues and be involved in various aspects of a Private Bank wide initiative to streamline the investment review process. This initiative is critical to the success of delivering strategic and tactical investment advice to clients, as it will be a measure of our added value. The goal will be to improve the accuracy of data currently in place and to expand the breadth of analysis and reporting to be competitive in nature, increasing investor efficiency and revenue opportunity during client reviews.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing Investors with accurate and timely investment performance data, along with key analytics
- Supporting Investor and client inquiries
- Prioritizing requests and working with Operations team to correct data issues
- Helping to manage the reporting process and to resolve day-to-day performance issues
- Devising tactical solutions and identifying strategic requirements
- Establishing routine communication on performance reporting improvements
- Designing on-going training and consultation program for Investors and Analysts
- Developing and documenting workflows and procedures across business and Operations teams
- Ensuring proper booking of investment transactions to accounting systems across the various products for accurate performance calculations
- Working with Technology to prioritize enhancements and defect fixes
- Assisting the Performance Operations team on projects related to data quality and production process improvements
- Assisting the Performance Operations team with the review of performance outliers on a monthly basis
The scope of this position includes working directly with Investors to resolve client issues and playing a key role in all tasks to define develop and implement new performance reporting procedures and analytics. Specifics include:
- BS degree from an accredited, high-quality institution; Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics/ Math preferred
- 1-2 years of experience with investments, securities operations, trade processing, mainframe accounting systems
- Interact and communicate effectively with front-office in a high pressure environment
- Passion for investments business
- Self-starter who is analytical and creative in their thinking; ability to quickly analyze information and creatively reach solutions and to execute their implementation
- Solid analytical ability to research and analyze data
- Work well in a team-based environment, as well as independently
- Knowledge of Sungard performance systems a plus