J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits
JPMorgan Asset Management Core Operations is located on the Morgan Christiana Campus in Newark, Delaware. The group is made up of roughly 150 employees performing support functions for the Front and Middle Office groups that are located in New York, NY and Columbus, Ohio. Functions in Investment Management Core Operations include Portfolio Services, Cash Operations, Reconciliations and Fee Billing.
Guideline Management is responsible for the implementation of client guidelines, regulatory restrictions and internal strategy rules in the compliance systems. The team is responsible for initial restriction coding, ongoing rule maintenance and daily trade monitoring. The Guideline Management team interfaces with Portfolio Management and Risk Management to resolve guideline exceptions as they occur. You will be apart of a team that is vital in assisting our Portfolio Managers in efficient investing by ensuring that all trading restrictions are accurately coded in the compliance system.
The Guideline Management Team is divided into two areas: Guideline Rule Coding and Guideline Breach Monitoring. This role is for the Guideline Rule Coding team, which is responsible for ensuring that all client / fund and internal guidelines are implemented into the guideline compliance system for pre-trade and post-trade compliance testing.
- Interpreting guidelines and builds logic based rules for automated compliance testing and monitoring
- Preparing for account on-boarding by requesting set up of accounts in various systems
- Reviewing new and existing rules to ensure compliance with account mandates
- Interacting with Client Portfolio Managers, Portfolio Managers and Investment Assistants to resolve any pre & post trade issues
- Partnering with the Client Service Team to ensure timely on-boarding / account closings – coordinating dates to ensure guideline rules are coded effectively prior to any trades taking place
- Ensuring timely and accurate completion of assigned workload
- Managing accurate guideline coding in various systems
- Working on projects with strict deadlines, including the migration of accounts from one compliance system to another
Qualifications / Skill Set
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or equivalent work experience
- Financial product knowledge of fixed income, equities, and derivatives preferred
- Detail oriented
- Strong organization, time management, communication and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to identify inefficiencies in a process and drive change
- Self motivated individual with ability to identify issues and escalate
- Strong awareness of cause and effect
- Understanding of risk and controls
- Industry tools and software suites such as Microsoft Office
- Experience with guideline coding in compliance systems (Charles River, Linedata, thinkFolio, Sentinel) a plus