As a Data Solutions Analyst, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining logical and physical data models, metadata repositories, and data catalogs, performing database design, and DDL generation. In this role you will ensure
the physical model meets design and performance requirements, keep the metadata repository up to date for the data models in operational databases. You will identify and analyze business requirements to implement/update Critical Data
Elements according to Data Standards. You will partner with business analysts, other developers and business partners, and production support teams to provide guidance on business element technical and architectural impacts. You will
represent the application development team in Data Review Board (DRB) attendance to explain and clarify technical solutions.
· Ensure all production changes are made in accordance with the Data Review Board's reviewed and approved models.
· Maintain metadata repository and data catalog, and keep track of data lineage.
· Design data solutions that are scalable and flexible to meet future state Business requirements within supported business areas.
· Participate in project design reviews, and extract/translate/validate data requirements from various project lifecycle work products and resources.
· Design ETL processes as necessary.
· Keep the documentation up to date.
· 5+ years of experience in database development.
· Good working knowledge on data principles/standards, data quality, data architecture and design, and metadata
· Hands on knowledge of database platforms – Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase.
· Proficient with a data modelling tool such as Erwin, PowerDesigner or ER Studio, preferably Erwin.
· Proficient with PL/SQL, and extensive experience with stored procedures.
· Experience with Unix/Linux and shell scripting.
· Exposure and/or development experience with ETL tools is a plus
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.