J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
JPMorgan Asset Management Operations is located on the Morgan Christiana Campus in Newark, Delaware. The group is made up of roughly 100 employees performing support functions for the Front and Middle Office groups that are located in New York, NY and Columbus, Ohio. Functions in Investment Management Operations include Portfolio Services, Cash Operations, Reconciliations, Fee Billing and Reporting.
The Eagle Control Team is responsible for oversight of the JPMIMA investment accounting system, currently Eagle Star. The Investment Accountant is primarily responsible for oversight of the use of the accounting system within IMA including a strong system of controls. Major duties also involve partnership with Technology, system users, and the vendor to manage the system workslate, data integrity & release management.
The Investment Accountant is responsible for:
- Oversight of the investment accounting process and processing on Eagle Star and the related components. Develop detailed knowledge of the inbound, outbound, and internal calculation processing
- Maintain a strong control process including associated metrics
- Partner with system users, Technology partners and vendor on workslate management including prioritization, testing, and release management
- Manage through issues that arise urgently and be able to identify and quickly escalate based on the impact to the firm, clients and other internal groups
Qualifications / Skill Set
- 5+ yrs Portfolio Accounting experience. Experience with Eagle Investment Systems a plus
- Detail oriented with focus on delivering results
- Ability to create, manage and evolve a highly effective control structure
- Organization, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to identify issues and escalate when necessary
- Strong documentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel (Pivot tables, v-lookups) and PowerPoint
- Ability to drive processes, manage deliverables in a team-oriented setting