JP Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. We serve millions of U.S. consumers and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients. We are a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. With assets under supervision of $2.0 trillion and assets under management of $1.4 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
A critical priority for Asset Management is to ensure that high-quality data is available to run our business and meet our clients' needs. The Asset Management Chief Data Office (CDO) was established in 2014 to define AM's data strategy and support for the core data used across AM and needed to run our business, such as client data, reference data, product data, securities and pricing data, transactions and holdings, and index data. The AM CDO is positioned in the Asset Management Operations division, within AM Center reporting to the AM COO. We work with the AM business and Firmwide CDO to analyze data, ensure data governance and data quality standards are in place, look for efficiencies in business processes, and work with our technology partners to implement solutions.
The Chief Data Office Market Data License team is responsible for governing global Asset Management market data licenses by implementing formal processes to collect, control, and review all market data requests and associated licensing.
The Market Data Licensing Vice President will focus on collaborating with the License Lead, supporting the overall implementation of a new market data licensing service, establishing standard models for data cost and chargeback, and monitoring the financial impact of market data agreements. The position will assist with defining, building, and implementing the license service, measuring the adoption of the license service across AM, and measuring the consumption of the data provided. Additional duties will include tracking the adherence to contracts and the consumption and use of licensed data in adherence with the terms of the license to meet overall business needs. This position will work closely with senior business executives and technology leadership to ensure key decisions about licenses are made in line with the data management roadmaps and business needs.
Given the increased priority and demand for supporting regulatory and compliance initiatives, it is essential for the Market Data Licensing Associate to collaborate within and outside Asset Management, given the interrelationship among various Lines of Businesses within JPM as well as vendor management partnering teams including Market Data Sourcing, Third-Party Oversight, Legal, Compliance, Market Data Services, and Finance.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Support the global, AM-wide market data license service to be used by all consumers
* Define and implement standard cost and allocation models
* Analyze and produce metrics and reporting related to market data consumption
* Collaborate with business teams to ensure chargeback models are clearly defined, communicated, and integrated into planning, implementation, and data consumption processes
* Collaborate with technology on the development and implementation of market data licensing solutions to collect and monitor metrics related to data consumption and contract adherence
* Define indicators of performance and quality metrics to measure the performance of providers of licensed data
* Drive the agenda and manage meeting materials and follow ups for AM Market Data Licensing working group meetings comprising of resources from the business, technology, operations, and partnering vendor management teams
* Support the development, oversight, and maintenance of the market data licensing repository, storing general contract metadata, specific contract terms and conditions
* Internal relations - Chief Data Officer, Data Domain Stewards, Data Domain Executives
* External relations – Technology and Architecture teams, Business teams, Chief Operating Offices, Chief Finance Officers, Market Data Sourcing, Third-Party Oversight, Legal, Compliance, Market Data Services, and Finance