JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Legal Department Description
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co is responsible for the provision of legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally align with the Corporation’s lines of business and corporate staff areas. This structure encourages legal teams and businesses and staff areas to discuss legal, regulatory and business developments effectively and in a timely manner.
The Legal & Compliance Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co. seeks an attorney to work with senior lawyers and business representatives on mutual fund matters, with a focus on distribution relationships and order processing platforms, compensation arrangements, account structures and share class issues. The internal clients for the position are located in New York. The position will report to the co-head of the legal team supporting the Investment Solutions business in J.P. Morgan Wealth Management, a unit of J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, and will work closely with the head of mutual funds legal coverage in that team.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Advise on all legal aspects of mutual funds, with a focus on distribution relationships and order processing platforms, compensation arrangements, account structures and share class issues.
• Provide legal support for negotiating and maintaining fund distribution documentation, including distribution and dealer agreements, shareholder servicing agreements, order processing agreements and disclosure statements
• Assist in other business and regulatory-driven projects
• Work closely with line of business and other control functions such as Compliance, Supervision and Risk
• Engage and supervise external counsel where necessary