As an executive assistant, you will perform diverse secretarial duties and administrative functions requiring extreme confidentiality, initiative and sound decision-making and coordinate efforts with the Assistant supporting the global head of the business in addition to your responsibility supporting the CFO for this business. You will rely on excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities. You will need to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to the completion of assignments and in line with the department's activities and goals. Duties also include heavy meeting and travel coordination, preparing presentation materials in Excel and Powerpoint, submitting expenses, answering phones, preparing invoices, and reviewing incoming correspondence / emails and preparing responses. Additionally, you will exercise independent judgment, escalating serious or unique problems to higher levels. This role is a back-up to the business head’s Assistant the two of you will work closely in partnership to support the demands of each day.
Hours are 7:30 – 4:30pm EST (plus the willingness to work overtime as the business needs).
• Coordinate travel arrangements domestic/international (air, hotel accommodations and ground transportation) with travel agency; prepare detailed itineraries and assure accuracy and timely delivery of plans/tickets to travelers
• Concur Expense processing and Invoice preparation
• Professionally field phone calls, address issues or redirect as appropriate, and distribute messages in a timely and appropriate manner
• Provide support to visiting senior managers
• Coordinate recurring board meetings / events and prepare documents for distribution
• Schedule internal/external meetings and appointments; coordinate conference rooms /calls
• Assist with overflow, special projects, assistant back-up coverage and day-to-day tasks
• Compile and submit expense reports in a timely manner, order and maintain office supplies
• Distribute incoming mail and faxes, prepare and send packages via mail, messenger and federal express
• Proficiency within the Microsoft Suite with expanded PowerPoint and Excel skills
• Candidates should have Expense policy and Patrol knowledge (internal)
• Ability to learn procedures and processes quickly
Strong PC skills (proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Exhibits increased proficiency in duties and expanded knowledge and application of software packages
Knowledge of general office procedures (e.g., filing, correspondence, scheduling)
Ability to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to the completion of assignments
Effective interpersonal skills
Superior oral and written communication skills
Excellent telephone etiquette
Advanced ability to organize
Tact and good judgment in confidential situations and proven experience interacting with senior management
At least three years of secretarial experience and meeting coordination
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.