The JP Morgan Chase Audit Department provides the Board of Directors, senior management and regulators with independent assurance that internal controls are operating effectively. The JP Morgan Chase Audit Department is accountable to the Audit and Examining Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chairman, senior management and our global and local regulators. Audit works closely with the Lines of Business (LOBs) and their support functions to achieve its mission through a comprehensive audit program. The department is respected throughout the firm for the calibre of the staff and their ability to add value beyond the audit opinion. The Global Audit Department has in excess of 900 auditors.
The Corporate Functions Audit team provides audit coverage of key Corporate Functions including Finance, Compliance (including AML), Tax, Corporate Real Estate, Third Party Oversight and Global Security & Investigations (GS&I). The team also works closely with each Line of Business Audit team to ensure consistent coverage of compliance, finance and risk topics.
This individual will be responsible for ongoing risk assessment, control identification, audit execution and continuous monitoring activities across the Global Financial Crimes (GFC) Compliance functions. The auditor will be involved for planning, execution and documentation of the results of their work for audits conducted.
The individual will also be responsible to develop and maintain reporting and tracking for GFC Program. The individual will interact with GFC Program Management (within Compliance) and work across all Audit teams to drive the completion and delivery of internal and external reporting and AML related regulatory requests.
- Participant on audit engagements covering Corporate Functions AML Activities with strong analytical skills particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of an internal control weakness. In addition, he/she will be responsible for audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, audit report drafting, follow-up and verification of issue closure, and continuous monitoring.
- Proactive coordination/interaction with Global Corporate Functions AML auditors and line of business audit teams.
- Communicate audit findings to management and identify opportunities for improvement in the design and effectiveness of key controls.
- Accountable for meeting deliverables, adhering to department and professional standards and utilizing consistent audit methodology.
- Provide ongoing continuous monitoring and relationship management for certain key Corporate Functions Groups.
Monitor progress of projects, maintain project tracker, understand dependencies, and manage conflicts and timelines. Communicate project and program status effectively to senior management.
Ensure timely and complete delivery of internal and external reports, and that Audit data remains in sync with GFC Compliance reporting.
- Be prepared to travel to locations domestically (10%).
- Strong Audit experience, prefers 3+ years
- AML experience preferred
- Proven ability to be able to multi task, complete projects on time and on budget, and adjust to changing priorities.
- Proficiency in risk analysis and report preparation.
- Strong data analytic skills.
Proven ability and desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required with ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability.
SharePoint experience, Advanced Excel, Strong PowerPoint skills
Minimum Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or other quantitative discipline.