As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
Designing successful and usable products begins with an understanding that there is a balance between meeting business goals and meeting the needs of the user. Our approach is based on a tried and true methodology that begins and ends with the user.
The UX Architect will collaborate closely on progressive agile product development teams with stakeholders, product owners, business analysts, and software engineers, translating business objectives into actionable models through the use of best practice UX methods. You'll help solve workflow problems, design new ways of presenting & interacting with a system, and above all figuring out what the user needs in a solution.
Candidates will have experience delivering the UX for desktop and/or mobile applications for complex transactional based systems and may describe themselves as an Experience Designer, Interaction Designer or User Researcher. Ideally, they are a part-interaction designer, part-information architect, part-usability expert, part-business analyst – all blended together.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Design new and support on-going functional solutions for the various products and systems that are supported by the Software Development Practices & Engineering group.
• Gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive recommendations through the delivery of high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design models.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Expert understanding of UX methodologies
• Experience facilitating or assisting with user research activities and demonstrated skills in planning and moderating innovation-fueling research and usability studies within complex environments
• Experience in leading the design of user experiences for digital products and services from product and/or business model definition through development and deployment.
• Track record of translating client business problems and requirements into compelling UI’s, that demonstrate the power and value of rich internet application experiences
• Specific methodologies for collaborating, problem solving and planning with a cross-disciplinary team, including experience in agile processes, lean UX and rapid prototyping.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite products, Sketch, Balsamiq, OmniGraffle, and/or other wireframing tools.
• Experience and/or working knowledge of web analytics software packages (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics)
• Technical understanding of Internet related technologies: database structuring and content management and knowledge management software
• Working knowledge of front-end development technologies (HTML/CSS)
• An understanding of front-end frameworks (JQuery, Angular, React, nodeJS, WebSockets)
• An understanding of service oriented architecture (Web services, API, XML)
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.