JPMorgan Chase Institute
Operations Specialist (Corporate Responsibility Specialist)
The JPMorgan Chase Institute is a think tank dedicated to delivering data-rich analyses and expert insights for the public good. The mission of the JPMorgan Chase Institute (Institute) is to help decision makers – policymakers, businesses, and nonprofit leaders – appreciate the scale, granularity, diversity, and interconnectedness of the global economic system and use better facts, timely data, and thoughtful analysis to make smarter decisions to advance prosperity. Drawing on JPMorgan Chase’s unique proprietary data, expertise, and market access, the Institute develops analyses and insights on the inner workings of the economy, frames critical problems, and convenes stakeholders and leading thinkers.
The JPMorgan Chase Institute seeks an Operations Specialist in its Washington, DC, office. The position plays a key role on the JPMC Institute operations team, and will report to the Chief of Staff & Director of Operations (Chief of Staff). The incumbent will be responsible for a portfolio of administrative operations and executive assistant work. S/he will provide executive support to the Chief of Staff and Director of Outreach, and administer the day-to-day operations of the Washington, DC, office. The role requires excellent organizational skills, discretion, initiative, sound decision-making, independent judgment, and the ability to escalate serious and unique problems.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include administrative assistant support for the Chief of Staff and Director of Operations, and the Director of Outreach, as well as general administrative support for the DC office and team. Administrative support includes proactive management of calendars and working effectively with others to coordinate/plan meetings and conference calls. Work closely with Chief of Staff and members of the Institute team to ensure the organization operates smoothly and manages resources effectively.
• Meeting Management: Coordinate data gathering, document preparation, and agenda or briefing preparation for Institute meetings, both internal and external.
• Executive Travel: Support coordination of regional business travel and prepare briefing materials. Includes leveraging primary internal platforms for travel booking and expense submission and management.
• Expense and Contract Management: Liaise with internal partners and systems to successfully execute vendor contracts and timely processing of invoices and payments. Create and support appropriate controls, protocols, reporting, and training materials. Develop expertise in JPMC expense and vendor management policies and protocols.
• Onboarding/Offboarding: coordinate and support senior leadership team in the onboarding, tracking, and offboarding of employees and contractors, including training, technology requests, and systems access. Identify and drive creative solutions and improvements to Institute onboarding process and new hire experience.
• Facilities Liaison: Serve as primary point of contact for Institute DC suite, including maintaining and communicating security and compliance protocols; management of office and pantry supplies; and liaison with building management, technology, and JPMC Global Real Estate teams as needed.
• Institute Mailbox Management: respond to or redirect inbound communications as appropriate; proactively manage Institute team calendar account, including assisting as needed with conference room reservations; track Institute database and email updates, subscriptions, and removals. Responses and tracking are all performed timely.
• Miscellaneous support for: Institute operational controls, e.g., document management for audit processes; Institute events and programming, both internal (team events and celebrations) and external (outreach and engagement activities); other projects as assigned.
• Other administrative responsibilities as assigned.
• Self-starter, ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
• PowerPoint- and Excel-savvy – must be able to complete updates for team presentations.
• Willing and able to learn the business and fully understand how and why tasks satisfy business needs.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of the team to ensure that the needs of the group are always met and that adequate administrative coverage is provided to the group.
• Tasks, whether routine or urgent, are completed successfully and in a timely manner.
• Understanding and demonstration of strong problem-solving skills.
• Maintain familiarity with all policy and technology updates.
• Maintain confidentiality of information.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.