Asset & Wealth Management Overview
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. The Asset & Wealth Management line of business serves institutional, ultra high net worth, high net worth and individual clients through its Asset Management and Wealth Management businesses. With client assets of $2.8 trillion and assets under management of $2.0 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. (Assets as of March 31, 2018.)
Throughout its long and distinguished history, Asset & Wealth Management has been steadfastly committed to putting its clients' interests first. This fiduciary responsibility defines our relationship with clients and informs every decision we make on their behalf. The Asset & Wealth Management business is also guided by its strategic objective and business priorities.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
- A clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns
- More than 1,100 investment professionals providing strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity
- Leadership positions in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is the marketing name for the investment management businesses of JPMorgan Chase & Co. and its affiliates worldwide.
About the Role
JPMorgan Asset Management (JPMAM) is a leading subadvisor to large variable annuity manufacturers and mutual fund companies. JPMAM seeks a National Accounts Relationship Manager to provide sales coverage to asset management firms, insurance companies and other subadvisory clients. The relationship manager will work with company product decision makers and due diligence teams to embed JPMAM investment capabilities. Where applicable, the relationship manager will also be responsible for presenting JPMAM's value added services such as its marketing and field programs.
The job requires the ability to establish credibility and to build rapport with clients at a national/home office level and to promote JPMAM's investment strategies in an effort to increase assets under management. A high level of professionalism and diligence in meeting client expectations will be essential to increasing the quantity and quality of effective partnerships. Extensive travel is required.
- Creating, building and maintaining relationships with senior client representatives at mutual fund and firms
- Identifying, developing and closing new business opportunities with existing clients and prospects
- Managing the research and due diligence process for investment opportunities — analyzing, recommending and presenting those solutions
- Working with wholesaling, marketing, and product strategy to coordinate delivery of value added services
- Performing relationship/ investment reviews and serving as the client interface for Asset Management products and services
- 5+ years of sales experience within the financial services industry; client acquisition or cross-selling experience
- Ability to position and differentiate our products against competitor firms and their products
- Possess understanding of investment fundamentals (capital markets, principles of portfolio management, and asset management performance analysis)
- Must have demonstrated success selling asset management products
- Must have demonstrated a level of investment/analytical understanding - ability to grasp and articulate complex topics
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and organized
- Demonstrated teamwork ability
- Excellent listening skills as well as the ability to identify opportunities and suggest creative solutions towards building joint business agendas
- Must demonstrate consultative style of sales. Focuses and understands the need for the relationship build, not simply product. However, does have the ability to take advantage of product opportunities when appropriate.
- Must have positive attitude as demonstrated by actions and ability to persevere where needed
- Strong internal and external influencing and relationship building capabilities
- Required: Series 7 and Series 63
- Broad knowledge of JPMAM's investment capabilities preferred
- Knowledge of mutual funds, variable annuities, retirement investment products preferred
- variable annuities, retirement investment products preferred