About JP Morgan Asset Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Global Wealth Management Operations supports the JPMorgan Private Bank in JP Morgan’s Asset Management line of business. The Private Bank is the world’s premier service provider for ultra and high net worth individuals. Our goal is to help these affluent individuals across the globe optimize their wealth, after taxes and across generations. Global Wealth Management Operations provides end-to-end support for all aspects of the client experience, working closely with client service, fiduciary, product specialty groups, third party vendors and other internal groups.
The CWM Centralized Lending Team (CLT) is a center of excellence designed to handle a high volume of lower risk credit transactions including Advised Lines of Credit secured by high quality marketable securities with standard loan documentation. CLT ensures a short turnaround for underwriting, credit approval and sending out final loan documentation.
• Lead a team of 8 - 10 Lenders and Analysts dedicated to the seamless delivery of the Securities Based Lending products to CWM (Chase Wealth Management) clients.
• Provide the highest level of service to our internal partners and ultimately the Client while adhering to credit quality standards and ensure that the loan portfolio meets or exceeds approved credit quality targets
• Maintain a consistently high level of awareness around any potential credit issues and to resolve exceptions as soon as possible. These exceptions include effectively managing under margin situations, past review facilities, past due principal/interest and documentation exceptions
• Review of credit presentations which should completely outline the proposed credit structure including accurate risk rating assessment and any potential collateral issues (ex. concentrations)
• Ensure all new credit requests and annual reviews are completed according to Reg. B guidelines
• Partner with Global and Domestic CLT leadership to provide appropriate oversight of credit and operational risk
• Bachelor degree in a related field required
• Previous management experience preferred
• Candidates should have 5-10 years of private banking/asset management, and mastery level credit/lending experience
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Accountable for team delivery of excellent customer service
• Expert organizational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision in a high production and fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to effectively communicate with senior managers and sales personnel
• Ability to effectively document and implement new and updated processes
• Strong understanding of financial markets and securities industry
• Knowledge of JPMC software applications and a broad knowledge of bank products and services. Experience using the Wholesale JPM Credit Risk Infrastructure tools and applications (ARC, Exposure Now, SRGT) preferred
• Exercise stringent judgment to ensure business is conducted in compliance with all applicable government regulations, corporate policies and operations risk management
• Ability to motivate and lead an integrated credit team with a range of personality types
• Solution oriented problem solving skills
• Possess strong skills in Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook and PowerPoint
The candidate should be an excellent communicator, detail-oriented, possess strong analytic skills and have strong problem solving capabilities. Must have a strong commitment to customer service and teamwork to contribute to high-performing teams through development of self and others.