JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
The Cybersecurity organization’s objective is to ensure that JPMC is able to effectively detect, prevent, and respond to cyber threats against our technology infrastructure. The scope of Cybersecurity comprises detection and monitoring of threats and vulnerabilities, managing security incidents, and evolving our preventive infrastructure to keep ahead of the threat. We accomplish this through strong information security leadership and active collaboration with line of business information risk managers to provide high quality security solutions and services that are focused on improving the Firm's risk posture.
As a Solution Engineering Lead you will be tasked with supporting the Cybersecurity Services area. In this role you will be responsible for driving the development and implementation of engineering solutions for web fraud detection & prevention capabilities.
The Web Fraud Security Engineer you will design, develop, test and implement JPMorgan Chase & Co online fraud security solutions. The successful candidate will work within the Security Engineering team, in partnership with the firm’s Architecture, Operations and Lines of businesses, in a hands-on environment; working with numerous and varied applications. The successful candidate will have a strong combination of practical networking, development, engineering, administration, information technology and security skills.
- 10+ years of overall IT experience with a proven background in security engineering, threat intelligence, malware prevention, security analytics, and / or the supporting security solutions.
- 3-5 years of experience with at least one of the following :
- Web fraud detection concepts and products (such as device ID, fraudster devices, web session analysis, Nice Actimizer, Accertify, 41st Parameter, Trusteer, Silver Tail Systems, Guardian Analytics, iovation, TreatMetrix.)
- Security incident and event monitoring processes, solutions, and technology implementations.
- Experience with large scale networks including architecture and security risks
- Ability to support and liaise with business process owners to incorporate threat management products and provisions into their processes.
- Ability to communicate security and fraud technology related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff, including senior business leaders
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other areas to advocate information security solutions.
- Must possess a high degree of initiative, motivation, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to understand and decision problems that involve trade-offs between security, cost containment and timeliness of service.