About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank Production Management
Production Management acts as guardians of production for CIB, with a global workforce spread across three regions (USA, EMEA, Asia) dedicated to managing daily processing. The team manages over 2,500 applications, processing trillions of dollars a day, with over 1200 employees working toward one clear mission, making stability a competitive advantage.
Banking Production Management is seeking an Application Support Lead, who will provide proactive problem management for the organization. The position will be responsible for all aspects of problem management, including conducting thorough root cause analysis on all priority incidents, with a goal of preventing reoccurrence based on defined actions. The candidate must be able to partner and influence across all levels of the organization, including senior business leaders, in an effort to identify root cause, accountability and drive to resolution. Position will also be responsible for reviewing incident trends, driving stability and continuous improvement, while putting actions in place to reduce overall Banking incidents. Candidate must be able to prepare concise internal/external executive communications. The position will be responsible for all aspects of problem management and service delivery.
Key Requirements and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of skills including analytical, communication, influence, project and change management.
- College degree in related technical/business areas or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience conducting root cause analysis, driving incident root cause and creating specific actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Demonstrated problem analysis skills, including data collection, analysis and interpretation
- Previous experience management technology projects/initiatives
- Technology change analysis, proactively reviewing change for potential issues and identifying why changes fail
- Able to work with cross functional team of senior leadership including GTI, Application Development, Production Management, etc. driving organizational change and stability
- Experience developing and implementing organizational strategies
- Possesses high level of energy and endurance
- Rigorously holds oneself and others accountable for achieving individual and organizational performance objectives
- Demonstrate critical analytical thinking
- Constantly challenges status quo and complacency
- Strong knowledge in distributed and/or mainframe technology architecture
- Excellent communicator who is able to present persuasive arguments to senior executives
- Ability to develop consensus within a matrix-managed organizational climate of diverse operational activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills