Project Catalyst is one of the five major investments aligned to the Commercial Bank 2020 transformation agenda. The goal of this multiyear effort is to deliver the technology, data and process to our front line employees to enable a more efficient and effective banker and client experience.
The Catalyst Product Lead for the large, complex, multinational client segment is responsible for the execution of a multi-year, multi-disciplinary transformational initiative aimed re-designing our sales platform in order to drive banker and business performance.
The Product Lead should have a foundational understanding of the Commercial and Investment Banking businesses and understand the complex needs of CB’s large multinational client relationships. He/she will work with key stakeholders to set the direction for the technology, data and processes required to support the needs of the business and will drive innovation to build and launch products to create an effective and enjoyable user experience.
The Product Lead will be a key point of contact between the technology teams and business stakeholders and will work with the business and technology to define a product roadmap and shape the project plan to deliver maximum value while remaining synchronized with the overall CB Product Management execution strategy. He/she will be responsible for driving the successful execution of projects and change initiatives, including budget, resourcing, and stakeholder management.
The position reports to the Managing Director, Project Catalyst Transformation Executive
- Understand the needs of the business and ensure that requirements meet the complex global nature of the business while always taking into account the end-to-end impact of any changes
- Lead end-to-end product development, including defining vision, strategy and ideation, to launch comprehensive products that deliver significant value to the business
- Define product capabilities and prioritization working collaboratively with the business and Project Catalyst cross functional team to ensure a unified product roadmap
- Define and manage complex projects across multiple application platforms (SalesForce and proprietary systems) partnering with multiple stakeholders across multiple lines of business
- Clearly communicate the project strategy and vision to the business and technology teams
- Gather business needs through research, data analysis, user experience analysis and testing, competitive research and any other relevant tools
- Deliver solutions with an equal focus on the operational/business models as well as the technology solution
- Manage cross-impacted initiatives both intra Commercial Bank and across Lines of Business, collaborating effectively at all times
- Build and reinforce relationships with stakeholders through the whole value chain, as well as with other Tech groups, particularly CIB
- Manage and direct project team activities and monitor progress, including project health, capacity planning, developing and mentoring staff, and internal process improvement activity
- Manage budget for assigned projects or program, monitoring progress, identifying and tracking issues and driving their resolution, and adjusting resources and priorities accordingly
- Stay current with developments in the financial services industry, focusing on Commercial and Investment Banking, through extensive research of new product innovations, competitors, and emerging technologies
Resolve conflict through expert collaboration and broad decision-making
Foster an environment where risk/control issues are escalated, and trends are anticipated and identified