JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) serves as the central provider of technology infrastructure to JPMorgan Chase. GTI has launched a major, intensive, multi-year effort to improve and enhance the functionality of firm wide applications in integration technologies on behalf of JPMC's Lines of Business (LOB's). In conformance with GTI's Plan-Build-Operate model for distributed systems, a cross-tower team (GTI Messaging/Integration Services) is being developed and empowered to support this effort.
Core Foundational Services (CFS) is responsible for delivering Enterprise solutions that are consistent, standardized, and cost effective in an integrated way and are utilized firm wide. The organization drives product management, engineering standards, service delivery and productivity initiatives for key technologies like naming, monitoring, configuration and authentication.
This is a senior Unix Security Developer/Engineer position within the Core Infrastructure Security & Controls organization, reporting to the global platform lead. This candidate will support Keon, LDAP, eTrust and will need to have Python development/scripting skills.
- Provide Level 4 Support Services to Operations and LOB Support teams that support and consume the Unix security solutions
- Customize and engineer technologies to meet the bank's requirements for Unix security environment
- Manage the end-to-end development lifecycle of specific Unix Security related engineering projects
- Define best practice guidelines for Unix security solutions deployment and usage ensuring all designs meet enterprise requirements for scalability, performance, resiliency, security, and manageability
- Develop firm wide strategy, standards and roadmaps for Unix security solutions
- Work with internal customers in clearly defining and documenting technical and business requirements for Unix security related engineering projects
- Provide regular detailed management status reports on Unix security engineering projects and activities
- Deliver detailed documentation (Statements of Work, Technical Designs , User Guides, Test Plans/ Results) for each engineering activity
- Ensure Unix security solutions developed are suited for large scale production deployment
- Provide documented certification results for Unix security solutions that demonstrate they meet the requirements of applicable use cases
The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of Unix (Red Hat, AIX, Solaris, etc.) systems engineering experience in complex, large-scale Enterprise IT environments.
General Skills Required:
- Educated to a technology or engineering Bachelor degree level (or equivalent).
- Advanced knowledge of UNIX Shell Scripting, to include Perl, Python, Bash, & KSH languages. Ability to cite prior works in each.
- At least 5+ years in LDAP schema and Object management experience, experience on Oracle Directory Server (DSEE) is a plus.
- At least 5+ years of Unix Authentication and Authorization Tools such as eTrust, Centrify, Foxt BoKS (aka Keon), PowerBroker
- At least 5+ years of experience with implementing Security Policies in directory environments
- Participate in architectural discussions and support design efforts as needed
- Consult with application teams implementing authentication & authorization services with guidance & best practices
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, including the demonstrated ability to analyze, diagnose, resolve, escalate, and document issues.
- Excellent team collaboration skills
- Expert experience in one or two UNIX operating systems (Red Hat Linux or AIX an advantage).
- Familiarity with the Site Reliability Engineering method of running and automating production systems
- Familiarity with open source development model of project coordination and related tools, for bug tracking and source code control
- Familiarity with standard software development lifecycle techniques
- Demonstrable expertise with functional requirements assurance, complex project activities, & project management.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, & networking skills.
- Technical writing & documentation skills.
- Ability to train and mentor technical staff of varying skill levels.
Candidates should be able to demonstrable experience in the following areas which will be validated in a “tech screening”, interview:
- Experience implementing/providing Unix Authentication & Authorization solutions
- In depth understanding of Unix system calls and its intricacies with applications, and naming services
- LDAP Protocol
- Kerberos protocol
- Unix Security
- Experience in NFS v4 ACLS
- Unix-Active Directory integration (Centrify/Foxt BoKS AD bridge)