IB Quantitative Research (IBQR) is responsible for the development of a variety of models used throughout J.P. Morgan Chase. The Model Development and Capital Analysis (MDCA) team explains and adds transparency around regulatory capital model results for firm-wide capital stakeholders. Members of the team develop wholesale credit risk models for regulatory capital purposes.
· Help design and enhance risk models used for regulatory capital modeling (Basel/CCAR). Primary focus is Loss Given Default (LGD), Exposure at Default (EAD), and Utilization models.
· Perform risk analytic tasks including data processing (using various databases and platforms) and statistical analysis.
· Explaining the drivers behind model behavior and impacts of model updates to various stakeholders across the firm.
· Developing documentation and materials that enhance the understanding of wholesale credit risk models.
· Technical skills: Python/R programming, subversion, database and SQL/Oracle.
· Graduate degree and experience in either computer science or a quantitative discipline (e.g. engineering, sciences, computing, statistics, or mathematics), or financial economics with quantitative background.
Skills & Experience:
· Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills.
· The ability and motivation to take initiative and solve problems independently.
· Experience in wholesale risk models, regulatory frameworks, risk analytics a plus.
· Understand external market conditions and regulatory policy changes.
· Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships with key internal partners to achieve objectives.
· The ability to handle multiple initiatives/projects/work streams simultaneously.
· Experience working with regulators and/or risk experience from financial services institution a plus.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.