JP Morgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Our Firmwide Risk Function
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves consumers and small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Consumer & Community Banking Risk Management partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk. Types of risk that occur in consumer businesses include fraud, reputation, operational, credit, market and regulatory, among others
The Associate of Fraud Risk Forecasting team is responsible for forecasting all elements of the life cycle of Fraud attacks, including detection, fraud claims and fraud losses. This individual will partner closely with Fraud Strategy and Operations Manager to assist in strategy management and capacity planning. This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of the industry leading fraud risk management organization while supporting the delivery and maintenance of Chase’s industry-leading banking products and innovations This individual will be expected to be analytical in nature and will be responsible to maintain regular forecasting process and identifying drivers of forecast variances. Acco proactively identifying changes in fraud loss drivers prior to loss recognition. Individual will also be responsible for creating check, overdraft and digital loss forecasts for CCB and running the forecasts through the cycle which includes interaction with CCAR and Risk appetite processes. This is an outstanding opportunity to work in Chase team supporting the delivery and maintenance of industry leading fraud strategies and analysis and playing an important role in managing losses for the bank. The successful candidate will have strong influencing and leadership skills, excel at creative thinking and problem solving; be self-motivated, confident and ready to work in a fast-paced energetic environment.
The Loss Forecasting and Reporting team is responsible for reporting, budgeting and analyzing fraud losses from all Retail and Card portfolios, including Check, Debit Card, Online, Internal and Credit Card Fraud Loss portfolios. This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of the industry leading fraud risk management organization while supporting the delivery and maintenance of Chase’s industry-leading banking products and innovations.
Expectations for this individual include, but are not limited to:
Develop and maintain reports supporting Fraud Losses from various Risk channels
Accountable for maintaining Fraud Loss Retail Budget models as well as delivering timely and accurate information around variance explanation of actual vs. budget
- Independently communicate with key stakeholders, understand their demand, manage SLAs
- Ability to partner with peers in risk and finance to optimize performance and respond to fraud trends
- Identify and implement best practices to improve efficiencies in how we operate
- Be subject matter expert in Fraud Loss Retail Models; develop robust understanding of data environment, operations process and business knowledge
- Develop robust documentation and adhere to the existing controls in place.
- Perform regular analysis on key loss drivers
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Math, Statistics, Economics or similar quantitative disciplines. Masters a plus.
- 4+ years risk management experience; retail banking, credit card or prior financial services experience with exposure fraud risk and/or forecasting experience preferred
- Strong technical and analytical background including hands-on experience with SAS, VBA, SQL and Unix. knowledge of Business Intelligence tools such as Cognos, Tableau, Qlikview, etc is a plus.
- Knowledge of Big data platform, machine learning technologies and open source programming languages for large scale data analysis such as Python / Scala / Java is a plus
- Strong problem solving skills and track record for developing creative solutions.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to set expectations manage to timelines and deliver results