Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) - Sales Support Associate
Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) is a Commercial Banking business located in over 100 offices across the US and Canada. MMBSI provides credit, cash management, capital markets and corporate finance advisory solutions to corporations, municipalities and not-for-profit entities via our Core Banking or Specialized Industries teams.
Core Banking teams generally focus on clients with annual revenues of $20 million to $500 million. Within our Specialized Industries practice, we have experts strategically focused on serving businesses within a variety of industry segments, including, but not limited to: Agribusiness, Government, Healthcare and Technology.
This Sales Support Associate role is primarily focused on supporting Market Managers and revenue producers on all sales activities that enhance revenue generation for a market. This includes strategy development, pre-call planning, tracking opportunities, support of prospecting initiatives and pipeline accuracy. The Sales Support Associate closely partners with Marketing, Data Quality and Research, and Analysts and Associates to provide strong support for the market and our clients.
· Review and distribute pipeline reports; manage data quality of pipeline reporting
· Support and complete national driven projects at the market level
· Development and planning for market activities (sales meetings, quarterly financial updates, market offsite meetings, etc.) and celebrations (prospect wins, teambuilding, exceeding goals, etc)
· Serve as the CKC subject matter expert (SME) for the market/team; escalate issues as appropriate
· Foster and cultivate activities and events with other LOBs and product partners to leverage the power of the firm
· Prospect Development
· In partnership with Data & Research team, manage and coordinate prospect development for the market.
· Support national driven prospect identification initiatives and validation of research pulled centrally for prospecting, including dossier reviews
· Complete subset of the prospect qualification (PQ) form in CKC (in partnership with KYC Officer and Data Quality & Research Associates)
· Sales Planning Activities
· Assist with call preparation; create agenda, prospect pitchbooks and prepare product collateral. Coordinate with all products and industry teams to obtain appropriate information for inclusion in a client pitch book as directed by banker.
· Coordinate preparation of proposals with product partners as directed by Banker.
· Relationship Planning Activities
· Manage the transfer of in market clients; act as a liaison with the Client Transfer team for transfers outside the market or to other LOBs
· Partner with banker to update and monitor Relationship Plans for Banker covered prospects and clients.
· Coordinate Relationship Reviews and necessary follow-up activities
· Leverage key tools to identify needs/solutions that will resonate with clients; recommend cross-sell opportunities.
· Develop & maintain product knowledge including changes to existing products and new products.
· Communicate product & tools changes to the Banker & market teams.
Marketing and Events:
Serve as the market representative and liaison with CB Marketing:
· Partner with Marketing to execute local events
· Create and maintain nomination lists for national marketing campaigns/initiatives
· Actively participate in market sales meetings by providing marketing updates on banker/client initiatives, competitive intelligence, industry trends, product changes
· Ensure bankers are aware of sales and marketing resources available for business development activities
· Prepare and/or distribute any local data/ information/ videos as requested needed from the local market. Examples includes data for annual marketing plans, write-ups for deal wins, videos for Sales Leadership Conference, documents for MMBSI Town Hall, etc.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.