Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves 50 million customers with a broad range of consumer financial services, including personal banking, investment advice, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments and auto financing. Our 160,000 employees serve our customers by following Chase's Five Keys to A Great Customer Experience.
The Business Manager is a member of the Consumer Banking Finance and Business Management team. The Consumer Banking Finance and Business Management team serve as strategic business partners to the firm’s Consumer and Community Banking Regional Directors, Line Managers leading our 22 Consumer and Community Banking regions across the Chase Retail Financial Services network. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to provide primary Finance and Business Management support to their aligned Regional Director; with a focus on instilling financial discipline, with an emphasis on supporting the implementation of all strategic initiatives within the firm, such as growing Deposit & Investment balances, Acquiring and Retaining customer relationships, Achieving Operating Efficiencies, Driving a robust Client and Employee Experience and supporting all change management efforts in the evolution of the branch banking operating model.
The Regional Business Manager serves as a strategic partner and primary point of contact for financial decision making within their aligned territory. The individual will provide strategic input to the Regional Director and key stakeholders within the region. The successful Regional Business Manager will reinforce the firm's business model for generating customer value and drive financial and non-financial results.
- Serves as the Finance Subject Matter Expert, Trusted Advisor and/or Counterweight to Region Leadership Team
- Ideate and execute strategic field initiatives – for growth and re-engineering
- Optimize 'bottom line' performance by driving performance tracking, reporting and business reviews
- Provide strategic financial advice and guidance for the Consumer Banking leaders within their aligned territory
- Manage key scorecard items focusing on balance growth, satisfactory controls, customer acquisition and deepening, customer and employee experience and expense management
- Help shape local markets strategies – e.g., coverage strategy, people, real estate, marketing, bankers, etc.
- Coordinate with the relevant business and functional partners (e.g., Product, Marketing, Risk, Legal, HR) regionally and nationally
- Support, plan and coordinate the region and market business review
- Contribute to divisional / national initiatives (includes owning and driving certain projects on divisional / national level)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Minimum of 4+ years of Banking or Financial Services experience
- Overall branch knowledge and base knowledge of Retail Banking Financial Systems preferred
- Prior business management experience preferred
- Experience analyzing balance sheet and income statement results and related performance drivers
- Strong follow-through, initiative and sense of urgency
- Expertise in creating and delivering presentations to groups
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time, influence others and interact across organizational units and with all levels of management
- Proficiency in computer navigation and Microsoft and Essbase environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, including good judgment and decision making abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively and develop strong relationships across the organization
- Independent and creative thinker
- Some travel may be required