J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
- We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
- We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
- We operate in more than 100 markets.
- We have more than 243,000 employees globally. Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
JPMC's Audit Department reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and is further accountable to the Chairman and CEO, senior management and regulatory agencies. Audit is an independent function established within the organization to evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of management's system of internal control.
The Corporate Sector Audit team provides audit coverage of key corporate functions including Finance, Compliance, Legal, Human Resources, Global Real Estate, and Global Security & Investigations. The team also works closely with Line of Business Audit teams to ensure consistent coverage of these topics.
This position is for an experienced auditor, who will report locally to the Asia Corporate Sector Audit Manager based in Mumbai. This auditor will be responsible for assisting with ongoing risk assessment, control identification, audit execution and continuous monitoring activities across the Corporate Sector
- Lead or assist on audit engagements covering Corporate Sector functions including risk assessment, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, audit report drafting and follow-up and verification of issue closure.
- Meet timeframe and budget targets for assigned audit work, whilst adhering to department and professional standards and utilizing consistent methodology.
- Partner with other groups and regions within Audit to ensure the delivery of a seamless program of audit coverage across the firm.
- Develop and maintain relationships with certain key Corporate Sector stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain a business climate and culture that encourages integrity, respect, excellence and innovation.
- Be prepared to travel to locations internationally (up to 10%).
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline - CPA or similar certification
- 8+ years of financial services experience preferably in public accounting, internal audit or risk and control functions.
- Working understanding of external reporting and regulatory reporting
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in an efficient and effective manner and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication (i.e., verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, strong interest in learning, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability.
- Ability to build rapport with internal stakeholders and examiners