This Infrastructure Developer role in the Mainframe Software Engineering team is responsible for the installation, configuration, and support of highly resilient and stable Mainframe infrastructure through automated scripting rather than manual processes. In addition to Mainframe Systems Programming skills the ideal candidate will have experience with software-driven systems management using various scripting languages (such as JCL, REXX, PERL, PHP, PYTHON, JYTHON, and zOSMF Workflows) and will also have an aptitude and a passion for developing software systems to solve complex problems through automation tools. The ideal candidate will also be familiar with RESTful APIs using Swagger (or similar framework), be passionate about technology, and open to new ideas and ways to manage Mainframe infrastructure software.
The Mainframe Systems Programming background and skill sets should include:
- Ability to articulate and share clear, concise complex technical findings to management in understandable terms
- Maintains proficiency in these key areas:
- Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations)
- Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, network management)
- Design (compliance, security)
- Network Engineering (planning, provision)
- Proficiency in more than one specific infrastructure technology
- Ability to execute with understanding of best practices and JPMC policies top of mind
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Experience with installation, maintaining, and implementation of z/OS and ISV software
- In-depth experience with IBM MQ/IIB functionality, design, integration, and implementation
- Developing new infrastructure for supporting the enterprise systems that is in compliance with Operational, Risk, Resiliency and Data Center Standards
- MQ V7/V8/V9 and IIB experience on zSeries
- Performing MQ and IIB systems programming in a zSeries operating system environment involving maintenance/installation.
- Scripting and Automating process and procedures. Software defined solutions that will enhance the speed to market of legacy systems
- USS, CA/ACF2, IBM RACF, Pub Sub, CICSPlex, CPSM, CAFC, JAVA, and XML, Monitoring Tools such as Mainview and Omegamon
- Experience in automation, continuous integration tools, use of APIs and software defined storage and networks
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development.
Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran