About JP Morgan Asset Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Global Wealth Management Operations supports the JPMorgan Private Bank in JP Morgan’s Asset Management line of business. The Private Bank is the world’s premier service provider for ultra and high net worth individuals. Our goal is to help these affluent individuals across the globe optimize their wealth, after taxes and across generations. Global Wealth Management Operations provides end-to-end support for all aspects of the client experience, working closely with client service, fiduciary, product specialty groups, third party vendors and other internal groups.
The Change Management Department, writes, maintains, retains version history and retrieves procedures and supporting documents for a wide array of GWM Mortgage Operations business functions. Policies & Procedures' core functions include: change control, line of business procedure documentation, forms, job aids and announcements.
The Technical Writer is responsible for producing efficient, high-quality, easily readable procedures adhering to an established style guide. The role requires project management coordination and participation in various Operations and support functions within the line of business to create, modify and/or archive procedure topics and announcements. The role will also have oversight, administration and maintenance of Mortgage Operations SharePoint sites.
- Assess, identify and recommend business policy and procedures impacted by regulatory and line of business changes
- Manages technical writing projects by utilizing standard Change Management tools
- Reviews business requirements to identify gaps and differences that impact policies and procedures
- Design and implement content solutions in partnership with project and subject matter expert partners
- Monitors technology enhancements to ensure all approved requirements when a policy and procedure update is required in scheduled system releases
- Prepares communications in partnership with project teams or subject matter experts
- Contributes to continuous improvement of Change Management by proactively supporting knowledge sharing within the team and across partner areas
- Identifies opportunities to improve and lead assigned improvement initiatives
- Leads teams of project resources and/or process area subject matter experts from start through completion of technical writing assignments
- Manages day-to-day individual workload and pipeline of procedure and communication requests. Monitors milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of schedule, identify and mitigate risk
- Proactively supports implementation and resolution of production incidents by preparing temporary work around procedures during releases until long term solution is implemented
- Build effective business partnerships with GWM Mortgage Operations key stakeholders
- Provides content to Training Department for program materials and job aids and may assist with delivery of content to learners
- Timely delivery of policy and procedure content to support closure of internal/external audit requests and Risk and Control Self Assessments
- Knowledge and experience in technical writing, publishing and process analysis
- Information Mapping, RoboHelp and SharePoint administration experience preferred
- Must have excellent MS Word skills and strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Familiarity with Operational Risk and Controls
- Mortgage Originations experience preferred working in an Operations or staff support role, preferably 5-7 years’ experience
- Previous experience writing, staging and publishing policies and procedures to SharePoint and/or online guide application required
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, effectively raise issues for awareness by summarizing business impact, assess options, and deliver proposed solutions
- Exceptional technical writing skills, excellent verbal communication skills
- Detailed oriented, ability to collaborate with peers and business partners
- Understanding of the mortgage industry, and strong mortgage product knowledge preferred
- Prior presentation/training skills and project management experience helpful
- Must take ownership for delegated tasks and handle multiple projects at one time
- College degree preferred