In the role of Oracle Database Management Analyst, you will be responsible for providing Database development. You will participate in database design meetings and project meetings. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and documenting new and existing database applications, creating entity relationship diagrams and data dictionaries. You will be responsible for optimizing query performance and index utilization. In this position, you will listen to, understand and articulate the business value and impact of advanced technical and non-technical concepts in both written and oral formats to customers, peers and/or management in a one-on-one or team context. You will be need to seek management assistance when required to make decisions or communicate across organizational boundaries, and need to understand when to escalate issues. In this role, you will be involved in anticipating problem troubleshooting scenarios and will analyze ways in which to avoid the problem completely or greatly mitigate its risk. You will be responsible to create/review the DB scripts, resolving application related issues, creating the DTS packages. You are also responsible in closely working with the junior DB developers and guiding/helping them in their regular activities. You should be well versed with Agile Scrum/Kanban processes.
The ideal candidate will be capable of documenting small-to medium scale projects with minimal supervision, and may be involved in developing and delivering presentations. Capable of routinely making effective and timely decisions in alignment with departmental direction based on sound business knowledge and the ability to solicit input from internal and external sources, including the ability to investigate and weigh best practices from other corporations, analyze input and use sound judgment. Capable of doing whatever it takes to support the tactical and strategic goals of the team and larger organization.
Currently we are seeking a cross functional scrum team member to deliver business critical applications of high functional and technical quality. The ideal candidate will be responsible for working closely with Product Owners and BAs to define acceptance criteria/test cases. They are able to quickly learn new business domains and facilitate that understanding across the team. They will be passionate about helping to deliver working software to the business, rapidly and safely.
Technical Excellence – a passion for creating high quality software through application of engineering practices
Continuous Improvement – a drive to find better ways to do things
Teamwork – a commitment to working as part of a team to achieve the best results
Key Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
A commitment to understanding our clients and helping them deliver value
An ability to effectively communicate concepts and ideas to team members and clients
An ability to adapt to client cultures and work environments
A desire to work with a variety of technologies
A passion for driving quality and improving the productivity of the software development lifecycle
Excellent understanding and application of Agile practices (ATDD, continuous integration, pairing, iterative development, and retrospectives)
Experience collaborating with business representatives to understand requirements, value, prioritization, and acceptance criteria
- Work on a scrum team to deliver software solutions by providing the essential benefit to the customers by delivering the simplest solution to the functional requirement
- Work cross-functionally with other team members: other engineers, testers, product owners, designers, Ops, customer support
- Partner with AD team on all database activity
- Implement and maintain the database design, writing complex queries/packages.
- Create database objects (tables, views, stored procedures, jobs, packages, indexes etc.) and document them.
- Make sure the code is hygiene and well maintained.
- Use tools to reverse engineer and simplify the existing databases.
- Following and Documenting processes and procedures as assigned by management/ITRC
- Enforcing Oracle Services and server configuration standards
- Ensuring that the production issues are resolved with a high sense of urgency.
- Demonstrate an understanding of current trends in information technology best practices and standards and how to apply this understanding to work projects and processes
- Must have very good knowledge and understanding of the assigned information technology platform and make recommendations for improvements to the technology
- Proven track record working as part of a team delivering software solutions
· 6-10 years of hands-on Oracle development/implementation, upgrade & support and database administration experience on Oracle RAC experience Oracle 10g, Oracle 11g R2/ Oracle 12c, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Active DataGuard
· Experience/knowledge in Bigdata technologies will be an added advantage.
· Administration experience with OLTP databases in excess of 200gb
· Scripting experience shell, Perl
· Database & Data Modeling design; ETL - Database Warehouse Architecture and Design
· Working knowledge of EMC SAN Frame Replication (SRDF) or Other External Data Replication Toolsets
· Team player, able to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups
· Capable of dissecting complex situations and refocusing on the most critical technology tasks
· Capable of developing small intra-team program and leading small to medium projects
· Ability to understand and articulate the business value and impact of advanced technical and non-technical concepts
· Willingness to learn and work on Bigdata technologies