J.P. Morgan Private Bank has been helping the world’s wealthiest individuals, families, foundations, and endowments grow, manage, and sustain their wealth through personalized, comprehensive financial solutions for more than 160 years. J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management with assets under supervision of $2.1 trillion and assets under management of $1.4 trillion. With Private Bank advisors in 110 offices in 25 states and 20 countries, the Private Bank provides clients with a global perspective delivered through a local team focused on fundamental wealth management disciplines, including investment management, wealth structuring, philanthropy, credit and banking.
The Client Service Associate is the primary point of contact for all service related needs of a Private Banking client. He/she is responsible for establishing, maintaining, and building client relationships. The Client Service Associate works in a team-oriented environment with advisors, product partners and operations teams to deliver a seamless and integrated approach across all Private Banking products. Products include deposit, banking, brokerage, custody, investment management, fiduciary, mutual funds, credit, foreign exchange and alternative investments. Given the involvement with securities-related instruments, this position requires FINRA 7 & 63 licenses within 180 days of hire. The ideal candidate will be passionate about client service and will use communication and relationship management skills to ensure an exceptional level of client satisfaction.
- Provide high quality, high touch service to Private Banking clients. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining client accounts across complex structures and a wide variety of products.
- Manage daily client transactions and inquiries accurately, within established deadlines and in accordance with firm and business policies and procedures, as well as applicable FINRA and other federal regulations.
- Act as an advisor to clients on banking related needs. Use deep knowledge of the relationship and available sales tools / reports to independently identify and execute cross-sell and up-sell opportunities.
- Coordinate and follow through on client requests for products and services (i.e., open/close accounts, check orders, credit draw downs/pay downs, credit card requests, etc.)
- Research, follow-up and resolve client inquiries and issues through effective interaction with clients, advisors, product partners, branch/operations teams and other staff in a timely and professional manner.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Series 7 and 63 licenses required for position: preferred upon hiring, but must be obtained within 180 days of hire
- College degree or equivalent financial services/banking industry experience preferred
- Client service experience preferred
- Experience with a wide range of investment products preferred
- Ability to make independent decisions about complex issues and solutions
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities effectively
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business and technology environment
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), general comfort level with Internet/Intranet usage and ability to learn proprietary software and databases