JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
The position is an Underwriting Associate on the Technology Corporate Client Banking team. This group is responsible for managing J.P. Morgan’s relationships with a portfolio of U.S. based semiconductor, hardware and systems, software, IT services, and internet and digital media industry clients. These companies are active users of traditional corporate banking services and investment banking products. The work environment is dynamic and fast-paced, a reflection of the industry and clients the team supports.
The Underwriting Associate works in partnership with coverage banking officers, product specialists, and other partners to risk grade borrowers, analyze and approve credit requests, structure credit facilities, and negotiate credit agreements and other loan documentation. The Senior Underwriter is also responsible for on-going monitoring and risk management of an assigned portfolio of credit clients.
To be successful, this individual needs a broad and deep understanding of the business, financial, competitive, and industry risks faced by clients in the assigned portfolio; expertise in structuring commercial loan transactions and managing all types of credit risk; and a comprehensive knowledge of corporate finance principles.
Domestic travel is required from time to time.
1. Risk Assessment
· Identify the key risk factors associated with clients, transactions, and industry sub-sectors across an assigned portfolio
· Develop and articulate a dynamic, forward-looking risk assessment of client companies, transactions, competitive threats, and industry and other factors
· Participate in client due diligence and transaction negotiations
· Develop a thorough understanding of client companies, management teams, and industry sectors
· Use financial models to develop a forward-looking credit risk assessment based on key value drivers and sensitized assumptions
· Recommend appropriate credit structures relative to risk assessment and policy considerations
2. Credit Approval Process
· Apply corporate finance and accounting expertise to develop appropriate financing structures
· Prepare credit approval materials, ensure all credit risk policies are followed, and present and recommend credits for approval at the appropriate level
· Analyze and recommend financing terms and conditions as part of a deal team
· Review legal documentation to ensure terms are appropriate and consistent with credit approval
3. Portfolio Management
· Provide a well-researched and thoughtful risk assessment of each assigned client on an ongoing basis
· Ensure risk ratings are accurate and reflect a current forward-looking view of the client
· Provide early identification and proactive management of deteriorating credits and other problem situations
· Analyze and prepare required waivers, amendments, and extensions
· Help prepare semi-annual portfolio review material to senior management
· Work with bank examiners and internal credit reviewers to validate credit quality and integrity of the credit process
· Work closely with Credit Support Specialists to ensure accuracy of credit system data
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.