J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset management services. As the Asset Management line of business in JPMorgan Chase & Co., we serve four distinct client groups through three businesses: institutional and retail clients through Investment Management, ultra high net worth clients through the Private Bank, and high net worth clients through Private Wealth Management. With assets under supervision of $1.7 trillion and assets under management of $1.2 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. With clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns, more than 650 investment professionals provides over 200 different strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity and take leadership positions in America, U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan
Application Support Analyst within Investment Management Distribution technology team must have 5+ years of experience in information technology specializing in financial services domain with required skills mentioned below. This role has the responsibility of handling day to day issues, working hand-in-hand with application development, infrastructure, business users and implementation teams. Additionally, this role has responsibility to set the direction and action for support during major incident management or will escalate to senior management. This role is in 24/7/365 highly available, on-call environment.
This role is in a high-pressure environment to support trade utilities and messaging applications. This role demands a dynamic individual with excellent communication, strong analytical skills, acumen and the ability to assimilate information quickly, with focus on Incident and problem management.
- Provide Level 1 & 2 support to internal business teams
- Prioritize workload, provide timely and accurate resolutions
- Perform in-depth research and identify sources of production issues
- Effectively perform root cause analysis of issue and report the outcome to the manager
- Work closely with business in managing day to day issues, resolve user queries.
- Ensure application availability to the client with minimum downtime
- Good inter-personal and communication skills, with excellent relationship building across multiple organizations and key touch points
- Comfortable operating in high pressure environments whilst managing incidents across the global business
- Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent
- 4 – 6 years experience in UNIX, SQL, ETL, Informatica, Java, Oracle, Sybase and scripting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player within a global organization
Must be very detailed oriented and very organized.
Must demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to the team, management and the customers.
Communicates openly and effectively in a manner consistent with the audience.
“Can do” attitude, which can identify problems, take ownership, and provide solutions.
Possess fantastic trouble-shooting skills, are driven to help internal/external customers and have the ability to dive deep into a new product to learn it inside and out
Demonstrate sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are not readily defined and/or conflict with available information, ability to reach sound decisions quickly.