Team Description: Custody Middle Office
Custody Middle Office is responsible for responding to all Custody Inquiries within 24 hours. All roles within the group are client facing, requiring regular contact with both external and internal counterparts. Core custody relationships are maintained and improved via regular service reviews in partnership with the Client Service teams.
- On a daily basis ensure timely and accurate responses executed on Custody Enquiries received and logged, in line with documented procedures and controls.
- Ensure all open enquiries are managed, and ownership maintained, so that cases are updated and closed in a timely manner according to case management best practices and case status policy.
- Execute forward thinking to maintain response quality and completeness to prevent case reopening.
- Manage group email boxes and SharePoint queues to ensure queries are resolved / responded to within a timeframe and manner sensitive to the urgency of the event, thereby ensuring that internal / external client satisfaction is maintained.
- Pro-active management of client relationships.
- Work with Product, Network Management and Operations Management to resolve day-to-day issues.
- Manage your individual workload in order to meet deadlines and department objectives.
- Identify and Escalate to management any process / procedural changes required as driven by the clients, markets or business functions.
- Investigate opportunities for self-development and improving knowledge of the business that you are servicing in order to improve skills and knowledge and deliver maximum service levels.
- Take full responsibility for adherence to all departmental best practices, procedures, policies, checkpoints and controls.
- Escalation must occur when decision making authority for your role has been reached following departmental procedures, policies, check points and controls for a given situation or scenario.
- Successful performance in a risk based environment with a proven track record of risk reduction.
- Results based experience demonstrating strategic and analytical thinking.
- Track record of working in a changing environment with the experience of learning, documenting and implementing new processes efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience of multi-tasking and effective time management with attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
- Experience of communicating both oral and written to management, clients and colleagues
- Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Office skills: Excel, Word and Access PowerPoint.
- Relevant degree education preferred, however, non degree candidates with a proven track record in a similar role will be considered.
- Financial Services background would be preferred, ideally within a Custody or Investment Bank environment.
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.