As an experienced Capacity Analyst, you'll be contributing to decisions of a global, strategic nature that impact our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe. Your expertise in analyzing complex data systems, anticipating problems, and finding ways to mitigate risk, will be key in leading a high performing team to successfully design and navigate the program roadmap. By incorporating your knowledge of business drivers, you will affect change and lead development of innovative improvements and world-class practices. You will be member of a team that is responsible for driving results, and implementing multiple, complex programs that span the breadth of the business, and they’ll look to you to provide the technical leadership to move them forward. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team that shares your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Advanced knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
- Advanced understanding of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design, performance and monitoring, best practices and JPMC policies
- Proficient in one or more infrastructure technologies: distributed systems, storage, network, mainframe
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, launch and deliver multiple IT projects on time and within budget
- Ability to articulate to senior management technical strategies in clear, concise, understandable terms
- Function as an enterprise capacity management SME
- Defines capacity standards, process, tools and govern capacity planning strategies
- Engage with other Capacity analysts and Application Owners, at varying skill levels, to help understand future capacity needs and identify optimization opportunities
- Closely partner with internal technology and Risk & Audit teams for capacity planning functions
- Develop and extend vision for improving the maturity of capacity management process
- Drive adoption of Capacity Management standards to LOBs to improve utilization of Infrastructure resources
- Evaluate new cloud offerings and implement migration strategies across services
- Contribute to the automation of analytics and reporting via programming/scripting in Java, Python and/or R.
- Strong capacity management planning, analyzing, trending and forecasting skills.
- Able to manage large, critical cross-organization programs and Partner with multiple stakeholders to meet SLA's/SLO's
- Deep familiarity with capacity management for large, heterogeneous workloads
- Deep understanding of system hardware, network and application characteristics
- Experience with global large-scale, multi-tier, complex applications
- Detailed understanding of software and architectural performance and operational factors
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a customer-focused attitude
- At least 3 years programming with any of the following languages: Python, R, Java
- Experience creating and delivering structured training and presentation materials
- Experience with performance testing activities from strategy, design, planning and execution using various monitoring/analysis/test tools (i.e. AppDynamics, Wily Introscope, DynaTrace, etc.); conducting analytics, reporting results and presenting findings and recommendations in a clear and concise format.
- Hands-on Capacity or performance experience with any industry standard tools (e.g. BMC, TeamQuest, Metron, Splunk, etc.)
- Provide advanced Capacity Management support and guidance to highly trained peer-level capacity analyst
- Advanced troubleshooting and diagnostic skills with the end-to-end Capacity Management process (e.g. data acquisition, ETL, analytics, reporting and presenting)
- Infrastructure and Application Performance, Trending and Forecasting Analytical skills.
- Proficient in ITIL capacity management fundamentals
- AWS/cloud experience a plus with familiarity with AWS tools such as CloudWatch, Datadog, etc.
- Experience optimizing compute, storage Infrastructure across batch and online workloads.
- Experience on any of the Cloud Efficiency Management tools like CloudHealth, CloudCheckr Cloudyn, Cloudability, etc.
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Company, you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Company, we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.