UTM (Unified Trade and Transaction Model) is the logical representation of data required to support JPMorgan’s Trade and Transaction Event Management business capability. The primary intent is to standardize the data representation of trades and transactions across the firm, focusing on all Corporate and Investment Bank asset classes. The adoption of canonical models is foundational to a number of strategic transformation programs within the bank. UTM is to be used to develop interface definitions across applications.
Working alongside our business analysts, line of business teams, and producer/consumer communities, define across the range of Corporate and Investment Bank products:
- The entities and attributes necessary to provide a business definition of each product
- How a trade will be represented at each stage in its lifecycle
- Ensure that the same concept is modelled in the same way across the Corporate and Investment Bank and prevent unnecessary divergence
- Ensure the model is grounded in the reality of business products and how they are processed
Translate requirements into logical data models working closely with Subject Matter Experts and Applications Development representatives
Define the modelling solution and capture the model in modelling tool
- Ensure consistency and governance across model estate including alignment with all other domain models and taxonomies
- Review data samples to understand the data in question
- Produce clean and concise documentation for existing model and sample messages throughout
Integrate with solutions for Data Lineage, Security, etc.
Strong background in business data modelling preferably in Trade Management in investment banking
- Knowledge of lifecycle across Derivatives, Securities, and FX products
- Expertise in modelling various methodologies: Class Models & Entity Relationship Models (3NF and Dimensional)
- Familiarity with data serialization frameworks (Protocol Buffers, Avro, XML)
- Familiarity with various industry formats – FpML, FIX, SWIFT, ISO, and COTS data models (IBM, Golden Source, Teradata, etc)
- Detailed analytical approach; logical, precise thinker
- Comfortable with various features of modelling tools: MagicDraw, ERwin, PowerDesigner
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.