The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO). CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda. A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
- Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
- Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
- Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
- Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
- Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
The architecture team supports applications and functionality across Global Supplier Services, Corporate Financial and Tax, Audit, Global Security & Investigations and Global Real Estate. Overall, our goal is to advance modern engineering and architecture disciplines across CT in order to
- Achieve the GT Vision of Optimizing Infrastructure, Rationalizing Applications, Accelerating Development, Adopting the Cloud and Advancing IT employees
- Sustained product and service innovation
- Champion rapidly evolving innovative technologies
- Participate in the firm-wide forums on Data Management, Big Data & Analytics, Machine Learning, Robotics and Micro-Services
- Support Agile and product centric delivery models
The successful candidate will deliver high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing the Architecture Solution for the various software applications and platforms. The candidate will have experience architecting and designing large scale platforms in a financial institution, working with geographically diverse teams. They have a proven track record of strong communication and people skills as well as have experience working in a structured and agile software development lifecycle. The candidate will also have experience with analytics, reporting, selecting and integrating third-party software products, information architecture and data management/data engineering/data governance.
The candidate must be able to partner effectively across the organization, in particular with our Architecture, Applications development, Production Support, Risk & Control, Chief Administration Office, and Business Management partners. Experience working with a sizeable technology organization with complex programs is required, in particular in banking / finance with exposure to corporate functions at an enterprise-wide and global level.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Create the Solution Architecture that provides the blueprint for the development teams based on the business concept, goals & objectives and high-level requirements
- Develop, refine and roll-out a Concept Design process to be used to by development teams for the architecturally significant efforts across our area
- Engage and participate in Architecture reviews of the various designs and solutions developed by the team
- Provide overall technical direction and help to ensure quality delivery
- Build deep & trusted relationships with the Application Development teams, their business partners and our peers across CT Architecture
- Be involved with a structured and agile software development lifecycle
- Contribute to and ensure that the team delivers towards key milestones to support our overall CT Architecture roadmap
- Cultivate an open, honest and transparent environment that encourages proper collaboration between business & Technology teams
- Partner with Business, Tech Peers and Product teams to effectively communicate a technology vision & implementation strategy
- Proactive adoption of innovative technologies that enable rapid delivery
- Generate innovative ideas to deliver business value, improve efficiency and reduce cost
- Provide best practices are utilized in delivering Reporting/Analytics, Data Management and Integration Solutions.
- Ensure architecture design decisions can be actioned by the development team.
- Leveraging new and emerging practices for Enterprise Integration, Reporting/Analytics and Data Architecture.
- Engage in enterprise-level systems component architecture and design.